cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone doesn't have data, but can make a call and receive message

zhangdx1113
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a new SIM, but after I activated it online. I found my phone doesn't have data, but can make a call and receive messages.  I have tried all the methods I can find in this community, but still cannot solve it. I am wondering, can I get the refund of my paid plan?

7 REPLIES 7

@Rhyolu I don't think 24 is the average.  Many folks I know had full services working within 2 hours or less.  Myself, 30 minutes.  Including porting of the phone number from Wind.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zhangdx1113 wrote:

I just bought a new SIM, but after I activated it online. I found my phone doesn't have data, but can make a call and receive messages.  I have tried all the methods I can find in this community, but still cannot solve it. I am wondering, can I get the refund of my paid plan?

Did you follow this guide to setting up the APN? Did you make sure that there are no spaces if you copy and pasted the values? These are the two things which will almost certainly correct your problem. 😛

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Rhyolu

A new account usually takes 24 hours to kinda kick in with PM, I've been with this company for years and when setting up new phones and Sim cards that usually happens. 
i hope you find a solution to your problem!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhangdx1113 what is your brand and model (be as specific as possible with the model number) of your phone?  If it's an LG G-series you may need to first try a network reset, and if that doesn't work, a factory reset in order to get data moving after changing carrier (this is an LG quirk).  If any other model, did you confirm you have the correct APN settings?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Niklav

If you haven't already done, check if the data is enabled on the phone and do a restart once. If you can specify the phone model the community can help better.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@zhangdx1113 wrote:

Did you pay for Data? What plan are you curently on? Does "My account" show you have a Data plan? What is the IMEI number of your phone?

I canno't find any other posts from you. More often than not we community helpers can help you get your Data going (or the mods will if there is an account glitch). Without trying to be rude all methods have not been done otherwise you would have a solution or at least the knowledge of why you canno't get data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zhangdx1113, Generally speaking, since this is a prepaid service, there are no refunds.  Perhaps your problem is solveable.  To start with, what model phone do you have, and what exact steps have you tried.

If you don't really want to get this working, you can always ask the moderators for a refund.  Not sure if you would be successful.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.