cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM at Rogers Center/SkyDome

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had gone for the MonsterJam show at Rogers Center over the weekend. (the show was incredibly loud and loads of fun!)

Btw back to the topic, PM worked flawlessly inside the SkyDome. It was almost 80% packed to capacity and the dome was closed. Got steady LTE and voice calls without any problems. Though I was not able to hear anything over the noise!

Great work PM! Keep it up.

10 REPLIES 10

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@neo911 wrote:

@computergeek541

I was sitting in the level 500 seats and got LTE throughout the show.

As @sheytoon mentioned, the DAS system must be making all the difference now.

DAS good!!!

Ok, that was corny... I'll be quiet now. Smiley Indifferent

neo911

@computergeek541

I was sitting in the level 500 seats and got LTE throughout the show.

As @sheytoon mentioned, the DAS system must be making all the difference now.

Jonavin

Free Bravo for calling it by its proper name.

@TheOldVR wrote:

LOL - funny thing is that my Rogers cell used to get hopeless service up in the boxes :P.

A few years back, I went to a bunch of Jays games at SkyDome (who really calls it Rogers Centre?) during the regular season.  This was before the availability of LTE, but I can say that back in those days on the Rogers network, 3g service only worked in the 100 and 200 levels.  Up in the 500 level, it was always only 2g service for some reason.

@SDO8 wrote:
I stand corrected.  Thanks for the explanation.  With your knowledge of cellular communication infrastructure, it's great that you're part of the PM community.  Smiley Happy

No worries at all 🙂

TheOldVR

LOL - funny thing is that my Rogers cell used to get hopeless service up in the boxes :P.

Yay Telus! (Just don't screw this PM thing up please.....)

@neo911 wrote:

I had gone for the MonsterJam show at Rogers Center over the weekend. (the show was incredibly loud and loads of fun!)

Btw back to the topic, PM worked flawlessly inside the SkyDome. It was almost 80% packed to capacity and the dome was closed. Got steady LTE and voice calls without any problems. Though I was not able to hear anything over the noise!

Great work PM! Keep it up.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

@SD08

Antennas at the top of the CN tower would be indoor use only. Outdoor antennas would cause unreasonable amounts of interference. Not only that, a single site would not be able to service 50k subscribers in Rogers Centre in addition to the thousands of subscribers in the downtown core.

Rogers Centre has indoor DAS system for excellent coverage. Multiple indoor sites are connected to the DAS to provide service.

I stand corrected.  Thanks for the explanation.  With your knowledge of cellular communication infrastructure, it's great that you're part of the PM community.  Smiley Happy

@SD08

Antennas at the top of the CN tower would be indoor use only. Outdoor antennas would cause unreasonable amounts of interference. Not only that, a single site would not be able to service 50k subscribers in Rogers Centre in addition to the thousands of subscribers in the downtown core.

Rogers Centre has indoor DAS system for excellent coverage. Multiple indoor sites are connected to the DAS to provide service.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM reception is good inside the Rogers Centre probably because there is a Bell antenna mounted on the CN Tower, according to Steve Nikkel's cell tower map.  The ultimate cell tower.  Robot LOL

Watoko

Thanks for sharing 😄 Seems like you enjoyed your show!

Need Help? Let's chat.