cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my email is no longer valid

kurbanski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My email address is no longer valid. My account is set up for 2-step verification. So, when I try to log in, the system sends a code to my email (that is no longer valid and not accessible). How can I get someone to turn off the 2-step verification on my account so I can long in to change my email address? 

5 REPLIES 5

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would be much simpler and less time wasted if public mobile allowed us to change our emails by ourselves without having to wait for responses to tickets or messages.   It doesn't seem like a very efficient way to do this.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Sure seems like the only answer people have for this is to contact support. You can make a payment using other methods which would reactivate the account and then the SMS option would work for the 2FA. The email address is just a login id.

Then yes you would want to get support to change the registered email address.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kurbanski @You will need a agents help to change your email 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kurbanski wrote:

My email address is no longer valid. My account is set up for 2-step verification. So, when I try to log in, the system sends a code to my email (that is no longer valid and not accessible). How can I get someone to turn off the 2-step verification on my account so I can long in to change my email address? 

Only you can turn off the 2FA. 

Chat with Simon for your email problem,  if Simon can’t help, he would let you submit a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kurbanski   

Only PM support can help to update the email address used on My Account

get a new email if you don't have one 

then open ticket with PM support and they will help update it for you

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.