cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messaging

Tedy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have unlimited voice and message but my messaging is not working when I'm not connecting to a WiFi

7 REPLIES 7

@Tedy  Still stuck?  SMS iPhone Best settings:

A. Settings >> Messages: iMessage ON; Send as SMS ON; MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show phone number and Apple id email address

B. Texting should always work “if” you send to a phone number and not an email address and “if” you receive only on your phone number. So in your message settings......send/receive, only check your phone number...leave the registered email addresses unchecked.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Tedy wrote:

I'm using iPhone and regular text message is not working when I'm not connecting to a wifi.

That's not regular text messaging then.  SMS text messgaes does not (and cannot) use Wi-Fi.  

Tedy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm using iPhone and regular text message is not working when I'm not connecting to a wifi.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If in case you are using RCS with Google Messenger here's instructions on how to send SMS if RCS fails; https://www.theverge.com/23009900/google-messages-chat-text-android-rcs-sms

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just to add to the previous answer by softech; if you are using iMessages you can follow the following help article to send your non-delivered messages as SMS/MMS; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065.

If you are using any other app you have to give more details as to what app you are using so that people have a better idea of providing you the exact help you need.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tedy 

i think you are not really using SMS  but you have been using iMessage or RCS.  Both iMessage and RCS require the use of Mobile data or Wifi.   If you want to send SMS, please enable Send as SMS

Raptor122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your messaging via text or an app? What is your phone first of all?

Need Help? Let's chat.