cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my phone and cant log in to account because it wants to send a code to my lost phone! Catch 22

balialf19639000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

to request a sim card and enter my account I need my phone to receive the security code, only problem I lost my phone, so can't get to my account to request a new sim card or transfer the number because I don't have a phone this is kind of a catch 22 situation !

13 REPLIES 13

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@balialf19639000 wrote:

I don't get the option "Send again as Email" only "Receive a Phone Call" or  "Text Message" to both I need a phone which is Lost!

You don't get that option the first time a 2FA is sent (by SMS).

But it you click "Didn't get the code" then you'll be prompted to send again as SMS, send again as email, or send again as voice message.

Yes, you can't receive the SMS if you don't have your phone.

But you can login to your email from any device on the internet. And you can check your voicemail from any other phone (by dialing your own phone number and entering your voicemail PIN).

@balialf19639000  Yes they will be able to help . Usually they reply with in the hour sometimes longer but 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

balialf19639000

don't know why but this time your link worked! I've contacted the support person  hopefully he can help.

@balialf19639000   Did you try the private message link while you were logged in to this community?  You don't have to be logged in to your phone account, just this community.

@balialf19639000  When you click the link you should see 

Handy1_0-1704917310052.png

just type your message and hit send message it’s auto filled to go to CS agents 

balialf19639000

hi, thanks for your reply but,
Your link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

opens a page to private messages but it does not allow me to write or do anything at all, please don't tell me to log in to my account because I can't  I lost my phone and it wants me to verify my account via sms or voice call I don't have the phone I have a new sim but I need to activate by login to my account 

@balialf19639000  Please use the direct link to support in my first reply bottom of page here 

balialf19639000

I don't get the option "Send again as Email" only "Receive a Phone Call" or  "Text Message" to both I need a phone which is Lost!

balialf19639000

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@balialf19639000 

Try to login, EverSafe will send an SMS.

Then click "Didn't get the 2FA" ... then you'll get two options "Send again as SMS" and "Send again as Email"

While you're in Self-Serve, you can activate a new SIM card (if you already have the SIM card and can read the number off it) - you can't activate a new eSIM since to do so you need access to the app on the phone you don't have access to. Or you can report your phone as lost/stolen to temporarily suspend all service to it.

If you've ever logged onto your Self-Serve or your email from your missing phone then I recommend you change these passwords to secure your phone. Indeed, it's smart to change all your passwords to everything anyways, just in case, especially for your Self-Serve and your email(s) and your bank(s) and credit card(s) and payment site(s) and maybe even your social media site(s) - just so that a new "owner" of your phone cannot screw you over, steal your identity, drain your funds, etc.

Ignore the copypasta advice others are offering about this. If your phone is currently in the hands of a malicious or criminal person then every second could make the difference. Damage control immediately. Don't wait for a distant customer support agent/team to eventually get around to starting an impersonal support session and asking you questions ... by then it might be too late.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@balialf19639000- if you say you didn't receive the code, it should give you an option to receive the code by email instead.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@balialf19639000   You should be able to order a sim card without being logged in to your account here

https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart 

Having said that, it would be quicker to get one from a corporate Telus/Koodo store that has them in stock, or order from Amazon.

Have you tried to get the security code by email?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@balialf19639000  Get support to help in this case 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.