cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it worthwhile to update to new sim? Any change in Sim Card since 2016?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

is it worthwhile to update sim to new sim?

Any change in Sim Card since 2016?

I know Freedom use to suggest change the sim card over the years (they said to ensure the new sims give faster access / speed - not sure if true)

5 REPLIES 5

@torontokris wrote:

is it worthwhile to update sim to new sim?

Any change in Sim Card since 2016?

I know Freedom use to suggest change the sim card over the years (they said to ensure the new sims give faster access / speed - not sure if true)

Freedom used to do that only to get the customer off the phone.  It almost never fixed anything (although it could in the rare situation).  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Why would you change your perfectly working SIM? You will get no better service, no faster internet, no free coffee.

Unless SIM is misbehaving absolutely no logical reason to change it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @torontokris   sim card from 2016 to now are pretty much same

unless you have very very old sim card, the memory inside might be different, but the functionality (the way to use it to connect to network) is still the same

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@torontokris Hi unless you are having an issue there is no reason at all to change your sim

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@torontokris   Are you having problems with your service or something?  Otherwise, I don't really see the point of changing the SIM, but it's a good idea to keep one spare just in case you do need to replace it..

Need Help? Let's chat.