cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 “searching”...

johannsolo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iPhone 6 suddenly stuck on “searching” with no service other than wifi capabilities.  Account in good standing, all things that you can reset were reset, another public mobile sim was put into the phone and it worked fine with full connection and functionality while the sim from the original phone was put into another iphone (se) and was able to connect to public mobile network although cellular data was not working properly, text messages and voice calling did work though.  Any idea what this could be? Best to contact mods or get a new sim? 

9 REPLIES 9

Farmgirl77

Thanks -  currently using SIM in an old iPhone 5, seems ok. Going to factory reset the iphone 6 tonight (it has the hot home button issue too so suspect it is hardware related.

Cornel_I
Customer Support Agent

Hi, 

Please be sure whenever having this and similar issue with iPhones, to check if any software update is available from Settings>General>Software update (requires working internet connection of the iPhone), install if there is.

If this, along with a network settings reset (under Settings>General>Reset) and also being sure that the iPhone is not flagged as lost or stolen with any Canadian carrier, won't help, please consider doing a full factory reset of your device.

Good day to all!

Cornel PM Moderator

@Farmgirl77 wrote:

I have the same issue as above - recently switched providers to Public Mobile; my husband’s phone is working fine but today mine says “Searching” despite me powering it off and on, resetting all settings and trying your suggestion about the lost/found truck but it did not work for me!  Any other suggestions?

Did you buy your phone as new or as used?  Have you checked the status of the IMEI at devicecheck.ca?  Ensure that your phone's settings have not been accidently changed to 2g-only network mode.

@Farmgirl77Try swapping out the SIM card and put it in another phone to narrow down whether it is a hardware failure (common for iPhone 6) or it is a Public Mobile issue.

Farmgirl77

I have the same issue as above - recently switched providers to Public Mobile; my husband’s phone is working fine but today mine says “Searching” despite me powering it off and on, resetting all settings and trying your suggestion about the lost/found truck but it did not work for me!  Any other suggestions?

johannsolo

@Dunkman 

success!! thank you for the tip.

johannsolo

@Dunkman 

i will try that but it does seem strange that the same sim connects to the public mobile network in another iphone and that another sim works fine in this phone.  Will attempt the reset trick and report back.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@johannsolo 

A few things to try before contacting moderator.  Did you recently renew your plan?  

Maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick or manually loading $1 into account.  These tricks sometimes resets your SIM/phone.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like one of those rare times when the sim is going bad. Better replace it.

PS..try gently cleaning the sim contacts with an eraser off a pensil. See if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.