cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international data add-on

parag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Is it possible to purchase international data add-on to my plan? not just Canada or US.

I'm basically looking for a way to get internet access on my phone for voip calls. Is that possible with any Public Mobile plan or add-on? I only see Canadian or US data add-on options. 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@parag 

Getting local SIM card is the cheapest solution when you travel outside North America.

Before leaving,

1.  Install a Fongo app on your phone to receive text message for 2FA message from your bank.  I know not all bank will work with Fongo text message.  But My bank 2FA text is coming through over at least 4 years.  Some bank allow you to provide two 2FA phone numbers.  Text the 2FA with your bank and important websites before leaving Canada.

2.  Install Signal or WhatsApp to communicate with your friends and family on WiFi at airport or hotel.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @parag   sorry, PM only offers roaming in US

What you likely need is a local prepaid data, then you can use your VoIP app

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@parag 

Sorry, add on for data is only for use in Canada or USA.

There's only roaming in the USA and Canada.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@parag wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to purchase international data add-on to my plan? not just Canada or US.

I'm basically looking for a way to get internet access on my phone for voip calls. Is that possible with any Public Mobile plan or add-on? I only see Canadian or US data add-on options. 

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, the data add on is only for Canada or USA. There's no international data add on.

Need Help? Let's chat.