cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inaccurate information on mobile self service site

jg6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I log into my serf service site on my mobile I am told that I have used 6 minutes of calls with 94 minutes remaining and that I have used 21% of my 2Gb data. Yet Public mobile is emailing me that I have used 100% and has cut off my data!!

The new self serve site is nonsense and there is no more customer service.

Does anyone have another provider to recommend?

15 REPLIES 15

@popping 

Yeah I've got nothing. Fingers crossed when I get around to setting up the new tablet I'll be able to quote again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Lol... That means it's falling on deaf ears..... (at pm not you @popping ).

Sorry but I can't quote on mobile!

lol.. I cannot quote from my desktop chrome.  It works like mobile chrome.  I stop using Chrome since the second day after the release of the new portal.

popping_1-1662410941611.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Lol... That means it's falling on deaf ears..... (at pm not you @popping ).

Sorry but I can't quote on mobile!

@popping   Thanks for replying, but I think the question then remains as to why very little seems to have been done to fix any of these things.  Unless PM doesn't think there's anything that requires fixing? 

I know you or the other oracles don't have any control over these things so this isn't a criticism of anyone, just being baffled at the general lack of progress or interest from PM in getting these things resolved.

popping

@dabr wrote:

edit:  Perhaps @popping  can update us if PM's tech dept (beginning to wonder if it exists!) is working on getting these resolved?

Oracles had reported posts related to this issue to PM. 

Edit: I am no longer use Chrome browser on my laptop.  I switched to Firefox browser.

If I go to the community forum first before login to any of my PM accounts, I encounter less issues related to the old session state. 

For my Chrome browser, no matter what I do, I cannot get it works well with repeatedly. 

Now, my desktop Chrome browser works like a mobile browse on my phone.  I don't get the left menu item.  I have to use the top left hamburger icon to get the menu items.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jg6 

You can also download your usage history and it will be up to date with the exception of the leg in the daily usage reporting from the previous 12 to 24 hours which are reported in two separate 12-hour reports to the usage page. But do not use the filter for the type of usage only for the dates requested.

Public mobile likes to redesign things around here rather than fix them  you may have to log in after clearing your browser cache and in secret/incognito mode for the foreseeable future not ideal but that's the way it works around here if it ain't broke we'll try to fix it and break it anyways.

I suggest you employ the data tracking/management tools in your phone to keep a better eye on your usage. Personally after setting the calendar dates or updating the calendar dates of my 30 days cycle I like to set my data warning at 25% of my plan data and my data limiter at 50% of my plan data. You can then reset for 75% if you hit the 50% limiter and if you receive a data warning from public mobile before you hit 75% on your phone you can better judge whether or not a data warning from public mobile is accurate or not.

Keep in mind that data warnings from public mobile are based on all of the data on your account not just plan data and/or bonus plan data but add on data as well. This is partially why I set my warnings low and my limiter low because I have way more add-on data than I have plan data if I have plan data at all and waiting for public mobile to give me my 75% and 95% data usage warnings would be a very very costly mistake on my part.

@jg6 wrote:

OK I have cleared the cache and I am not getting updated information.  Do I need to clear the cache every time that I log in?

Surely a high school kid could have written a better program!!!

@jg6 how about Incognito mode? or you tried with a different browser?

yes, until PM fixes the issue, it might be a bit of work to get the latest info

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@jg6 

the system there is a new design but everything is fine. after trying to use the computer browser, clearing cache/cookies and using a page in private mode,

or in the main page, click the small circular arrow icon in the lower right corner to update.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jg6    I'm finding that I have to log out and back in to get the account details refreshed and I'm always using incognito mode anyhow.  Refreshing the page doesn't update for me.

The newly designed self serve account has had lots of issues but seems like not much has been fixed since the rollout, despite the numerous complaints from customers.

edit:  Perhaps @popping  can update us if PM's tech dept (beginning to wonder if it exists!) is working on getting these resolved?

You got that right!! 🙂

Did you try the little spinner refresh icons? Or incognito mode?

popping

@jg6 

Try open a private window to login.

But most of the time, I logoff the current session and login again will fix the problem.

jg6

OK I have cleared the cache and I am not getting updated information.  Do I need to clear the cache every time that I log in?

Surely a high school kid could have written a better program!!!

jg6

I have been logging on with CHROME. as it si the ONLY browser that I can log on with.

When I try with samsung Internet (on my phone) or Edge (on my computer) I get a message that the page has expired!!

How do I reset the cache in Chrome and do I have to re-sent it everytime?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes the caching of the new site has been terrible. You could also try clicking on the little spinner refresh icons lower down and that might update the numbers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jg6 

With this new site, you likely still reading off the cached version, so the usage you got was not up to date

Try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari)  or try again with a  completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome.  You should then see the latest usage from the server

Need Help? Let's chat.