cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import my old telephone number, using my Mobiity account number from Bell

wiliwort
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get public mobile to import my old phone number, using the Mobility account #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from Bell?

5 REPLIES 5

HI@wiliwort   Yes or No , depends on Bell

What you need to do is to call Bell and tell them you don't have the sim anymore and ask if they allows your verbal approval for porting.  If they are cool, proceed with your porting request from PM's My Account (I assume you have PM service now)

If Bell plays the hard ball, then you will need to buy a Bell sim , then link to your Bell account first.  Once the bell sim is functioning, then you request porting from PM side

wiliwort
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Most of what yyou said makes sense, except for Bell texting me -I no longer have the Bell sim at all; the PM sim is in my phone - will that work?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Keep the Bell account active, keep the Bell sim in a phone, log in to your account here and use the change number function.

Or if just joining, click on the Activate button up top and read all the screens and follow the steps. You'll need a credit card and an email address.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @wiliwort 

First, your Bell account MUST be still active

if you have not join yet, then just activate on the PM activation portal.  In step 2, you will select to keep/transfer your old number into PM.  Then you just pick Bell Mobility , then provide the phone number and account number

If you are a PM customer already, just try to change number and use old Bell number, then login to My Account, go to Profile, and then Change phone number.  You will choose Transfer number there, and similarly  pick Bell Mobility , then provide the phone number and account number

once submitted, you will get a text from Bell, and you need to reply within 90 mins 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Create PM account.

Both account have to be active.

Go here - Transfer Phone Number

Yummy_0-1670878010836.png

KEEP old SIM in your phone. Reply YES within 90 minutes on SMS from Bell.

Need Help? Let's chat.