cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported # transfer fail, no recourse, frustrating

Briar1968
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, when I ported my old telephone number, I was told (by chat) to do it after activation. Since then, I have two numbers on my device, and my ported number cannot make phone calls, and the temp number cannot get text messages. All my messages Are green. It’s been about two weeks since I ported my number. If I turn off the temporary number in settings, I have no service. I tried to reach out to chat and they directed me to open a ticket, but I only get a 404 error. Plus, every time I have to validate my account they send me a text to the temporary number which I cannot receive. I’m perplexed about the logic and planning behind this company. There’s got to be a more intelligent way.

10 REPLIES 10

@Briar1968  Use this direct link to support to help straighten out then 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Briar1968

I don’t know what to do, I’ve been on the phone with Telus for three hours. They’ve told me that it was successfully ported. I cannot log a ticket because I got one of two error messages each time, either 404 or oops we’ve encountered an error. I think it might be related to my telephone number, not registering on my account or something. I’ve restarted my phone six or seven times today. I know I had my telephone number for a few hours, and Telus indicated that they can see that the porting was successful, but something happened several hours, or or a few days after. I don’t know what to do because I cannot submit a ticket, and the chat is only bots. I’m not sure if that will change in the future but right now the bots cannot help me. Do you have any other recommendations?

Briar1968

I don’t know what to do, I’ve been on the phone with Telus for three hours. They’ve told me that it was successfully ported. I cannot log a ticket because I got one of two error messages each time, either 404 or oops we’ve encountered an error. I think it might be related to my telephone number, not registering on my account or something. I’ve restarted my phone six or seven times today. I know I had my telephone number for a few hours, and Telus indicated that they can see that the porting was successful, but something happened several hours, or or a few days after. I don’t know what to do because I cannot submit a ticket, and the chat is only bots. I’m not sure if that will change in the future but right now the bots cannot help me. Do you have any other recommendations?

Briar1968

No, not that I’m aware?!

Briar1968
  • I did respond within a minute to validate port. However, some time later, my port was cancelled. Now the number is disqualified to port. It was working for at least some hours initially tho. I’m on with Telus tech support still. They are trying to help. I appreciate your communication and support. 

Briar1968

I did respond within a minute to validate port. However, some time later, my port was cancelled. Now the number is disqualified to port. It was working for at least some hours initially tho. I’m on with Telus tech support still. They are trying to help. I appreciate your communication and support. 

Sunnybo

Yes I am. I just recopied a title from other user.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Are you @Sunnybo?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Briar1968  I’ll send you the porting team number private message . Give them a call they can re trigger the port request for you 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Briar1968 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.