cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 plus constantly freezing

Ava4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought a Certified Pre-Owned iPhone 8 plus, and it was working well, so I ordered two more.

However, with both of the more recent ones, they periodically just freeze, and you can't select any links, or type.  On one of them, it also sometimes displays a different letter than what you pressed (maybe lag?). It seems very odd that both of them are suffering from the same issue. We tried a suggestion from the internet about doing a forced restart, but the issue always comes back.

Before I return them, I thought I would see if anyone here had any suggestions about what might be causing this.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ava4 

If the iPhone have an old iOS update like iOS 13…this was a common issue.

Go to Setting>General>Software Update and see if it is the current iOS 15.5.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ava4   Make sure your iOS is up to date

If that does not help, return it first, you can buy again after

To start the return process, open ticket by opening ticket with CS Agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

1. Reboot phone 

2. Make sure you update iOS to most recent version. 

3. Back up phone

4. Do a full reset on phone

5. Restore it. 

If none of the above works ask for a refund and move on. I have 2 iPhone 8 Plus’s awhile back and had no issues with them. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ava4  i would  return them 

Need Help? Let's chat.