cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long list of problems with PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m having a long list of problems with PM. For starters I can’t log into my account with my proper credentials. I get a message saying, “System error. Please try again.” Well, trying again doesn’t help, not even when switching browsers. Also, the Reset Password option doesn’t work. I don’t receive any email with a code to change my password (not that there should be anything wrong with my current password).

Next, I cannot make or receive voice calls. I had that problem a couple weeks ago and it seemed to be cured after toggling Airplane mode on/off. But that trick isn’t working this time, nor does turning the phone off/on. Earlier today, I tried calling my cell phone from a landline and my cellphone rang endlessly (I didn’t answer it) and the call would not go to Voicemail like unanswered calls used to. Now the phone doesn’t ring at all when someone calls, nor do incoming calls go to Voicemail. I also can no longer make voice calls or even check my Voicemail using my phone (text and data still work).

Before this latest episode, I reported problems whereby I couldn’t make any calls (not even local calls) without dialing 1 first. Also, voice calls were not showing up in my account’s “Usage History” log. Those unresolved issues seem rather quaint and insignificant now that I can’t make or receive any calls. At the time I suspected the problem was related to the roll out of VoLTE. A helpful community member showed me how to confirm that I had been switched to VoLTE by having me make a voice call on my iPhone and check that it still showed LTE, which it did. However, now I discover that attempts at making voice calls drop down to 3G (and fail) making me wonder whether I’m still on VoLTE.

My wife who is also a PM customer hasn’t (thankfully) had these particular issues, but a recent issue she’s been experiencing is that her conditional call forwarding stopped working. She was using that to redirect an endless stream of unwanted spam calls from a number that, by not answering the calls, was constantly filling up her Voicemail box.

Anyway, this is all very frustrating. After years of great service, PM seems to be going down the sewer. I guess this is more of a rant than a question, but how the heck am I supposed to get all these issues fixed?

8 REPLIES 8

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous 

Wow you had every reason to be upset!!! Glad all is back working for you. 

When I first started I had problems with login to My Account. Eventually it all works fine and I have 3 accounts. Perhaps it was me...I don't know. But no blame on PM. 

Basically if have no calling issues with PM. 

But those spam calls from "press 1 for English and 2 for Chinese", "Amazon security", and "Visa Security we all face those inconveniences. And what ticks me off...I "pay" for a phone to allow all of these calls into my space!! They can also be called an invasion of privacy too. Not a PM issue though.  

So I have my home grown solution...put every friend and foe in your contacts list. If any of them call you that you don't want to hear from....block them, and by having them in your contacts you will see their name. Then set up your phone to accept calls only from numbers that are in your contacts list. So basically all those calls not in your list are blocked. You can "do or not do" the setting that allows a call in, if your number is dialled 2 times in 3 minutes. So you will see if any squeak through in the 3 minutes or a blocked call that shows in recents...that you might want to put into your contacts list. So all that call blocking will still show in your recents and may allow a voicemail.  The only work left is the clean up of voicemail. A hassle....yes....but less inconvenient. 

Edit:

And just for fun if a call does come through...mainly on the ZTE box (with no blocking). I push 1 and then ask the caller "if their mother knows what they do for a job"....they always hang up on me!!!🤣

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

That's great to hear! Reply to the last message from customer support with your wife's issue and include the following info to verify her account:

1. Full name and address on her account.
  2. Phone #.
  3. Email.
  4. 4 digit account PIN #.

(Only give this info in your private messages with customer support....for the benefit of others never post this info here in the community.)

@Anonymous thanks for the update, at least we know the dialing 1 is a fixable glitch

let us know how the conditional forwarding turns out, I remember someone reported that PM support can fix that too

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to provide an update. Around the time I posted my rant, I also sent a message to customer support in which I briefly described some of the phone issues I was having, though I forgot to mention my inability to access my PM account. The next morning, I discovered I could once again log into my account without any issues. As some have suggested, it might have been that PM’s website was down at the time for maintenance since it was late at night. If so, it would have been courteous of PM to have posted a message to that effect, or maybe even publish the times they do such maintenance, rather than give an unhelpful message saying, “System error. Please try again.”

That next morning when I went to use my phone, I discovered it was back to working fine! Even the problem of having to dial 1 before local calls, which I’ve been suffering with for a couple weeks, was fixed! I’m assuming that PM’s customer service fixed things for me, because later that day I did get a message from them where the agent said he “refreshed the Sim card services to rule out an error” and followed up later to say, “I have processed a couple of updates to prevent this from happening in the future.” So, kudos to customer service for fixing my problems. I just hope they don’t reappear. I now just have to deal with conditional call forwarding not working on my wife’s phone (I don’t use that service myself).  

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

The self serve login is often down for maintenance between midnight eastern and 5, 6, 7am eastern. It's luck of the draw on that one. But I do find that if I intend to reactivate a suspended account just after midnight eastern (To get a full day of service for Day 1 of the 30 day cycle) and I don't want to take the chance of the site being down for maintenance I make sure I log in at about 5 minutes to midnight est.

Once in I set up the payment of the plan so that once midnight strikes I submit the payment and reactivate the plan. I download the invoice/reciept and double check the payment history and ensure the account status is active. Once I log out if the site is down for maintenance I will get the same message as you..."System error. Please try again." Occasionally you may get that message and when you try again it logs you in. So it's worth trying at least once to see if it was just a system error/glitch.

Do you have other telus home services? If you do and use an automatic login it can remember/use your telus account login credentials instead of your pm account login details. Clear your browser history and close it. Reboot your device. If needed use secret/incognito mode to log in or a different browser. Try to manually type in your login credentials each time. A password reset that never arrives is usually due to a "remembered" username being wrong and/or the caching issue.

All of the voice call and call forwarding issues are directly related to the roll out of VoLTE that fits with the timeline of early March. Contact customer support to perform resets in both of your accounts that should fix all of the issues although there are still some ongoing glitches with call forwarding so your wife's issue you may not get or stay fixed. She may need it to monitor the call forwarding to see if it's working correctly for the time being.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous For login: Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login. 

PM website will be down at midnight eastern time until at 7:00 morning eastern time , you can try the other time. If you live in west you should avoid this time period to login.

For phone: turn off the phone, wait a couple of minutes, then reboot the phone. I was unable to connect ship's internet, I asked guest service to help, but didn't work out, so I turned off the iPhone and wait a couple of minutes, then reboot the iPhone and I am able to connect ship's internet.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous 

Was the login issue just happened ?  I wonder if it is because the system was down in the late night/early morning hours.  But please try loggin in again now using Incognito mode.    If that still does not work, you can easily open ticket with PM support and ask them to help and check the account

for your call issues, there has been some issue couple weeks ago but it should be resolved by now.   Try your sim card in another phone, maybe your wife's phone.  Putting it in another phone would force a re-provision of the sim and could resolve the issue

For VoLTE, which iPhone you have?  The newer one should be VoLTE compatible. 

Yes, conditional forward looks like an issue for some people  A ticket with PM support would have it fixed

I think with your voice issue (cannot call in and out) and the conditional forwarding trouble , you do need to open ticket with PM support.  Please use method 1 and then select 4 digits PIN instead of My Account login to validate yourself at the end of the ticket opening steps.  If there is still problem opening ticket, please use Method 2 below:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Have you tried your Public Mobile SIM card in another device (wife's?) to troubleshoot whether it is a device or account issue?

Try that just to see what happens.

While you're at it, try your wife's Public Mobile SIM card in your device to see if her services work fine or not.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.