cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I wipe my iphone without wiping my esim?

kork
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having issues with my iPhone freezing video when recording. iPhone 12 mini. Troubleshooting has been challenging and I'm just wanting to wipe my phone and start over.  With a physical SIM, I can do this.  But what about an eSim?  If I reset the phone, do I need to pay $5 and reinstall a new esim?

10 REPLIES 10

@Wayworn yes a replacement eSIM can be activated on another phone 

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I got that but my question was can you activate the replacement e-sim in another phone?

@Wayworn As said above, delete eSIM cannot be used again.  But you can get a replacement one for free using the app 

Wayworn

That’s nice to know. So if one wants to change phones they could  active a previous deleted e-sim, correct?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kork even you deleted the eSIM, you can now get a replacement eSIM for free

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

@Wayworn wrote:

Wonder if one does complete wipes their phone including the e-sim if the e-sim can be later recovered .

Nope. The option comes up asking you first if you want to delete. Then you say no. 🙂

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wayworn - No, you can buy another one for free as you are an eSim customer.

Since most of the recovery utilities don't support recovering eSIMS.

Wayworn

Wonder if one does complete wipes their phone including the e-sim if the e-sim can be later recovered .

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire
How do I reset my iPhone 12 without losing eSIM?

Now, for the factory reset:
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Select Reset.
  4. Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
  5. Tap Continue.
  6. Choose whether to keep or delete your eSIMs.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kork - If it is in recovery mode, no, but in settings > general > reset you can as stated here:

IMG_7371.png

And eSIM is free for customers who already have eSIM

Need Help? Let's chat.