cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Cellular and Public Mobile

BigOG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All!

I have an iPad Pro and when I put my public mobile sim card the cellular data works without any issues however the it shows 3G instead of 5G and I have the latest iPad Pro with M2 which does support 5G so is there any work around or any settings that I need to change to get 5G?

If I can find a solution I will get another line for my iPad.

PS - APN is already set to sp.mb.com

5 REPLIES 5

BigOG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I should have mentioned in my original post that I had tried everything before making this post. Network mode, speed test and everything else.

I am getting 5G and 80mbps on my phone whereas on my iPad I only get 3G and 4.5mbps on speed test 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

From the personal experience and other customers on this forum, the 5G network coverage seems spotty.  Depends on location, nearest tower, type of building (concrete versus wood), phone and other factors.  I really don't even bother looking these days.  As long as my service seems working well, I just continue to use my phone for day to day activities (you tube videos, google maps, etc).  

Been with Public mobile for 5 years and was using the 3G network for most of that time, so even having LTE speed has been a game changer.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BigOG 

try changing the network mode to 5G On and see if it connects on 5G.  If not, change it back to 5G Auto (a better mode for battery)

and you probably need to check again in different area

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I guess the question really is this. Have you done speed tests to see if you're getting the up to 250mbps? If not, do a speed test to see.

Brennansawicki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

network is down for most people right now 

Need Help? Let's chat.