cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer number in public mobile

katiechen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i need help to transfer number to public mobile

i also has one number is public mobile number, but i need refer my another number from fido to you.

i just did login my public mobile account, from profile choose transfer number and put the number want to transfer, its show successfuly make this request. then from Fido, i send message yes to approve.

i already buy new sim card . But not know what for next step? i am not seen i put my refer code to refer this number in.

can someone help for it .

Tha

11 REPLIES 11

@katiechen wrote:

how to apply 2nd account on PM app? i have no any idea for it .

@katiechen  PM is one account one email. 

For PM app, you need to logout of the first account and then login again with the different email to check the 2nd account 

They don't reply immediately. Look for a little red number above the little envelope icon in the upper right by your clouds avatar.

katiechen

i send to cs_agent no body reply for it .That's too bad. their customer service.!!!

I'm not sure a self-serve provider like here is suitable for you. You need the Public Mobile app to sign up a new account with your new sim. You select any number to start.
But your old Fido number is on your other Public account and your old Public number is gone. Hopefully maybe support can figure that out for you.

katiechen

how to apply 2nd account on PM app? i have no any idea for it .

I meant the chance of getting your old number back is remote. Support can be contacted here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

katiechen

how to contact remote chance support for it ? can guide? i really need help for it 

@katiechen 

We are customers like you on this public Community forum helping other members.

It sounds like you already have an existing account but wanting to port your Fido number for a second account.

Please note that you need to subscribe the second account on the PM app with a different email address from the first account…1 account/1 email address.

Once you have entered the second SIM card number on the app then on step 6 (Payment Section) this is where you enter your referral code. You are required to reboot your phone by powering it off then back on.

If you missed any of these steps, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on the envelope icon on your computer.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you transferred in the Fido number on top of your pre-existing account. Was that your intention? Or were you wanting to make a whole new account and use your referral code from your pre-existing account for the new account and then transfer the Fido number into the new account?

You have likely lost the original pre-existing phone number. There's a remote chance support might be able to get it back for you and after you create a whole new account, they maybe can move the number over. It's a bit of a mess you have going on.

katiechen

sorry i still have a few things confused.

1. i already buy new sim card, when i can put new sim card in . they will message me say transfer done after new sim card put in?

2. i login my public mobile account to do transfer (i already has one number is public mobile so i have account for it ), is will refer automatically. i am not seen any place to put my refer code when i apply transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.