Did you mean: 

how to get the same number on public mobile after accidental deactivation

drsush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drsush 

I have been in a similar situation with a referral and I mixed up the dates and missed the 90th day to reactivate the account. However the CSA did offer to recover the phone number. Since my referral was away for another 50 days and didnt need service I asked if recovering the phone number 50 days hence would be an issue and it wasnt.

I was able to activate a new account with a great Xmas time promotion that made up for me losing their account and phone number.....temporarily as it was later recovered and assigned to the new account. As long as the phone number is originally from pm/koodo/telus, has preferably been lost to a deactivated account less than 60 days and absolutely no more than 90 days then you have a reasonably good expectation that it can be recovered willingly by a CSA and you explain the circumstances that lead to the account deactivation and number loss.

If it has time constraints then having all of necessary info and an unactivated sim card on hand to create the account is also very important. Contact customer support to make your request sooner rather than later.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

BTW, @drsush 

If after considering your next steps, (depending on your account status) you require assistance directly from Public Mobile staff, here's how to reach them:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@drsush 

How are you certain your account was deactivated?

Has it been in suspended status for GREATER than 90 days or ported to another provider?   Those would be the only conditions upon which the account is truly deactivated.

If you can log into the associated self-serve account, then you should be able to reactivate it by making a payment equal to or greater than the plan amount, than tap 'reactivate' or 'resume'.

Doing this will retain the prior number associated with the account.

If you are truly deactivated, you'd need a new SIM card and go through the whole activation process again, selecting a new number upon activation.   Afterwards, you could try to request that public mobile pulls your old number to your account, however the likelihood is slim this all can be done depending on whether the number is in use (try calling it) or was originally associated with another mobile provider other than TELUS group. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you account has been cancelled, phone number lost, you will not be able to get your old number back.

Depending when did you lose your number you can periodically look for available numbers and if your old number is not reassigned you might be lucky to get it again. But do not hold your breath 😞

It will not hurt to contact agent; maybe they can see your old number still available.

Need Help? Let's chat.