cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd phone

BJaynanoose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My grandson is on my account, but his phone says he doesn’t have an account. 

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BJaynanoose 

Was yesterday your grandson's normal renewal date? Perhaps autopay failed and his services were suspended for non payment? Check your payment card statement for his last successful renewal? Was it February 21st?

You can also obtain his account status, plan amount and renewal date by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your grandson's 10 digit phone number. If his account services are suspended for non payment the easiest way to automatically reactivate his plan is to make a payment thru the above 1 855 number or 611 on your grandson's phone.

A credit card top up payment thru 611 can only be made if you know the 4 digit account pin #. If you dont know the account pin # then make a top up payment with a pm voucher. Once connected to the 611/IVR system or 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering the 10 digit phone # press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # found on the voucher.

You will be given a verbal confirmation of a successful payment followed by a confirmation text from 611. As long as the payment equals or exceeds the plan amount your grandsons account services will automatically reactivate. Reboot the phone if necessary.

The following retailers offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase and loadable via 611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 12 digit phone number.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. RCSS
  4. TMS
  5. SDM
  6. 7/11
  7. Circle K
  8. Walmart

Once the account services are reactivated then with your grandson' s phone to recieve the 6 digit alphanumeric code the self serve account creation can be completed and logged into....copy the email, password, 4 digit account pin #, security question and answer onto a piece of paper and stow in a safe and secure place for future reference.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BJaynanoose wrote:

My grandson is on my account, but his phone says he doesn’t have an account. 

@BJaynanoose  - register your grandson for a My Account/Self Serve here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Then once logged in you can ensure his account status is Active.

You can also try to call 611 from his device, or call 1-855-478-2542 from another device to check on the status of his account.

If your grandson originally had services and now he does not, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave for a minute, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*can he try his SIM into another phone to see if services work?

Is it possible his number was ported over from another provider and the port has failed?

If this is the case, contact CSA for assistance. 

There are two ways to contact Public Mobile CSA found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@BJaynanoose wrote:

Okay, thank you. I signed him up at a sore, but the payment for his account was paid automatically on my card c

Did did you complete the account? The store only “starts” the account. 

BJaynanoose

Everything worked until today. 

@BJaynanoose wrote:

Okay, thank you. I signed him up at a sore, but the payment for his account was paid automatically on my card c

OK @BJaynanoose , you signed him up at a store.  Sounds like you got the process started fine.

• Did the store provide you with an activated SIM card after they were done?
  • Was the amount of the plan charged to your payment card?
  • Did you have his phone with you at the time of activation? 
  • Before leaving, was the SIM tried in the device to confirm services?   
  • Does he have a new device?   
  • Is it compatible with Public Mobile?   
  • Is it locked to a prior carrier?
  • Is it blacklisted?

You can pay as many accounts with the same CC as you wish.

But one unique email is associated with only one PM account/phone number.

Since you signed him at at the store, most likely he does not have PM self-serving account. He should open one as it will be easier for both of you to track his usage, payments, rewards, etc. If he allows you to have access to it, of course 😉

BJaynanoose

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BJaynanoose 

More details are needed.

How did you sign up your grandson?  Did you sign up in store or at home?  Did you get charged?  Etc.  

You can't have two phones numbers on one account with Public mobile.  Each phone number needs its own self service account (separate email address login).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There is only one service per account.  Each account requires a separate SIM card and username ( email address)

What do you mean your grandson is on your account @BJaynanoose 

Need Help? Let's chat.