cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim

smittie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer to PM. How long do it take for my phone to be activated. I completed the registration approx 30 mins ago. Unable to text or call out. 

7 REPLIES 7

@smittie wrote:

my old provider i

was bellcan i remove the physical sim card

@smittie 

Did you respond to Bell's port confirmation text?  If you did respond to the text, then you could remove the old Bell SIM card. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smittie, depending on if you are transferring an existing number in from your old company, this could take an hour or 2, but if you are setting up a new account with new number it should be very quick

smittie

my old provider i

was bellcan i remove the physical sim card

@smittie  if this is iPhone in settings > cellular and also make sure “ turn this line is toggled on 

Handy1_0-1722217061663.png

@smittie 

On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

and remember to disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

smittie

how and where in settings can i do this

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @smittie 

If you've chosen to use eSIM, you must go into your phone settings and choose Public Mobile eSIM as your primary and then reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.