Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emergency Call from TELUS Circle.. or something

Jamal343
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day all

I have received 3 automated phone calls, emergency calls

Warning me that I will lose my services shortly or soon!!! 

If I want to know the reason in English, I should press 1 --> which disconnect!!

Anyone know the reason or if I should do something??

My cycle ends on Aug 24, on the 25th the payment is taken out automatically, I have more than 90% of my minutes unused for the coming 5 days!

Thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I once had "Telus" call me with a promotion, asking how much I was paying for my plan, which I put the question back on the caller. They proceeded to ask which network I was on. I had my fun and hung up.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Never press numbers on unknown calls. I had a recording call on Thursday telling me my mobile provider will be stopping my service. Press 1 for something. And then in what sounded like Chinese. Uh huh. Really eh. Click. And what do you know, still working service.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Jamal343 

I've heard a couple mentions of emergency calls from telus. You should report them to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Agency.

@Jamal343  I just googled those numbers . Chinese writing comes up . Definitely stay clear of those calls and ignore 

Jamal343

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Have to ask. Are you from Sask?

I wish.

I am from Ottawa, ON. If I am in Sask, I would be tipping cows now 😉

Jamal343

for everyone information - These are  the emergency phones from Circular Telus

1-800-723-3955

1-800-509-9553

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Have to ask. Are you from Sask?

@Chalupa_Batman  Yes I believe so . I’ve not actually had one myself . I’m usually to proactive to have let things go down to the wire 

Sounds like you should. Sounds like a scam to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong @Handy1 but I thought it was only by text messages and starts 72 hours before your card is to expire??

Jamal343

Ha ... That didn't cross my mind! Should I just ignore it then?

@Jamal343  I would just ignore these calls going forward then 

Jamal343

Good point - But No, it has few years to expire. Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jamal343  you did the right thing by disconnecting . But maybe just check your credit card is not about to expire at the same time just incase . And update if necessary 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Can you confirm the phone number it called from? Although you can fake numbers so that may not help. But if they called them "Emergency" calls, I think they could be fake calls to get you to share your confidential information. I've never heard of Public Mobile making these calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.