cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to take International calls to Sri Lanka

GAK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Previously i have taken calls to Sri Lanka. But after i changed my mobile device i can not take calls. But still my IDD bonus showing 489 minutes left. and also I have redeem the reward 300 minutes international minutes. But still i can not take calls to Sri Lanka.How can i fix this

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GAK 

You should receive calls from any countries but you can’t make LD calls to Sri Lanka because it is not on the LD calling list.

A few member in the past claim they made long distance calls to counties not on the list but it was a glitch. PM has tighten up on this.

Best option is to use download TextNow or WhatsApp and you can make free calling and texting around the world on WiFi.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GAK  You should be able to receive calls from anywhere . But to call Sri Lanka  I don’t see it in the list . There were some loop holes people where able to call countries not included in the list awhile back but seems PM had closed the loop holes 

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GAK 

Sri Lanka is not listed as one of the included countries so that could be why.

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela.
Calls must originate from Canada. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes

1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes

750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes

500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau Long Distance Minutes

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

While in Canada, or there @GAK ?

Need Help? Let's chat.