cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Install Failed, no way to activate account

JuneH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Just switched to PM - installed the eSim and waited. When I later checked, the eSim failed and prompted a delete. I am unable to verify my account to purchase another eSim, sent a message to support with no response

Please help, urgently need my phone for tonight and tomorrow

3 REPLIES 3

Kennedyh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I ran Into esim problems and got an actual sim but I can't figure out how to change my account. On app it just says esim not compatible.. I also didn't recievs a qr code email. I sent support a message yesterday and nothing

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @JuneH,

If you deleted your previous eSIM, would you be able to get a new one? Otherwise, why not pick up an actual physical SIM card at a nearby store or have one delivered to you by purchasing it straight from the site?

If you want to find a store that sells Public Mobile SIM cards near you, you can use this store locator link: 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/pick-up-SIM

If you attempt to try using an eSIM again and encounter issues, you may need to submit a ticket for that issue before deleting your eSIM. You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in you community inbox to check it from time o time. Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JuneH 

you deleted the esim already?  If not, we can try to troubleshoot further

And if really deleted it, but open for physical sim, why not change it to physical? while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

if you really want an esim install, open ticket with support by direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.