cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Activation failed when subscribing to Public Mobile Plan

SamR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed to a Public Mobile plan this afternoon, went through the subscription process and selected an eSim. I received the text from my current provider and responded YES to cancelling the service with them. Left my old Sim card in the phone and continued though the activation process. However when the system went to activate my eSim, it "churned" for quite a few moments, and return an error that the eSim activation failed. (Under Cellular Data my iPhone 13 still shows "add eSim")

4 REPLIES 4

SamR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I selected the option to automatically install the eSim.  That is when I received the failure.  When I tried to use the QR code, I received an error "Unable to Activate eSim"  When I try to login to the Public Mobile site for support, The system gives me a en error that I've had too many redirects.

Really frustrated!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@SamR wrote:

I subscribed to a Public Mobile plan this afternoon, went through the subscription process and selected an eSim. I received the text from my current provider and responded YES to cancelling the service with them. Left my old Sim card in the phone and continued though the activation process. However when the system went to activate my eSim, it "churned" for quite a few moments, and return an error that the eSim activation failed. (Under Cellular Data my iPhone 13 still shows "add eSim")

@SamR , this may be a dumb question but is your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi to help with the eSIM installation so that once your service with your previous provider cancelled you can still proceed without interruptions? 

(When doing this on my iPhone 14 Pro I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

Edit: Once you’re able to install it Reboot your phone (with your iPhone turned off remove your previous providers SIM Card) then in cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Turn On This Line

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SamR 

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SamR 

Check if you have a Welcome email, try to scan the QR code and install the esim 

Need Help? Let's chat.