cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot top up account using web site.

rmsebast
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to top up my account online but it will not allow me to select an amount smaller than $25. I only need to top up with $17. Is there a way to do this?

11 REPLIES 11

Vistried

If you're experiencing difficulties topping up your account through a website, there could be various reasons for the issue. First, double-check your payment method and ensure the information is accurate. It's also a good idea to clear your browser's cache and cookies or try a different browser to rule out any browser-related problems. Sometimes, payment processing errors or security measures can cause transactions to fail, so consider contacting customer support for assistance. Additionally, verify that you have sufficient funds available in your chosen payment method and be aware of any restrictions imposed by the website or your payment provider that could be affecting the top-up process.

@PetraminkeR what problem you encountered with payment?  If you click on top up, now a Chatbot screen will pop up and you follow the chat to pay. Remember not to enter $ sign for the amount. Click ot type URS to confirm.  Let me know the error you got, maybe with screenshot

alternatively, you can buy voucher to topup

PetraminkeR

Given the inability to prepay/top up my account balance prior to the next billing since Telus redesigned the , also using the My Account page and laptop computer, the only option now seems to click Change My Account without any guarantee that my present credit (days) balance in this present billing cycle will not be lost in making the change. The webpage payment glitch still remains. What is wrong with the webpage designers at Telus?

GR
Mayor / Maire

I talked to a moderator about that this morning and they're gonna send it higher up to try and get it fixed.   Another example is if you're on a 40$ plan and you want to add the 15$ data add on you need to load 40$ on your account to spend 15$.   Hopefully it will get fixed 

rmsebast

Good idea, I will open a ticket.

Thanks

@rmsebast yes, it is a bug from this new My Account.   Of course we cannot guarantee they will fix it, but I have confidence that it is a big enough issue that they will.

I would also suggest you to open a ticket with them for this time to express your frustration.   In case they don't fix it  next month,  you have a backup and have a reference to push harder

rmsebast

Thanks, my worry would be if the issue is still a there next month, I will still have the same problem.  I was successful in adding the right amount with SIMon is I can use that until the system is fixed.

[ZOUNDS never thought SIMon would be useful 🤣 .......... Luddite]

rmsebast

Thanks, however I have tried 2 different browsers with the same results.  I have tried to use *611 and it will let top up with $20 so I may use that.  I will also try SIMon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rmsebast - are you using the Custom Amount option below?

esjliv_0-1658614398193.png

You should be able to pick less then $25. Maybe try another browser or open a tab in incognito mode then try logging into self serve to make a payment.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rmsebast Hi, with the new upgrades there seems to be a few glitches you can wait till it’s fixed or do the 25 now and the rest will be there for next month

Need Help? Let's chat.