eSIM

LW2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does PMobile support eSIM transfers?

8 REPLIES 8

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

It's clear that customers are asking for eSim more and more than they have before. This most likely is the last year Canada will get iPhones with Sim card slots, and in the EU, California, and Oregon, they are banning physical Sim cards in 2023 to cut down on wasteful plastic. It's a matter of time before the industry forces Public Mobile's hand.

Is there a source for that? I googled and found nothing about physical SIM cards being banned. Not really interested in such a thing in this country, the carriers would take advantage of it without additional legislation.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's clear that customers are asking for eSim more and more than they have before. This most likely is the last year Canada will get iPhones with Sim card slots, and in the EU, California, and Oregon, they are banning physical Sim cards in 2023 to cut down on wasteful plastic. It's a matter of time before the industry forces Public Mobile's hand.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LW2 

if ask about iphone 14 PM support for Nano-SIM and no support eSIM.

@Cooled123456789- For other reasons I think they should offer esims in addition to physical sims but in the case of the iphone 14, Apple Canada says it will continue to be physical sim. Apple in the states will be esim only.

@Cooled123456789 hi iphone 14 will still have a nano sim in Canada that is only in the US

Cooled123456789
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if this will change. I've heard the iphone 14 will be esim only. If so iphone 14 users won't be able to use public mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...only actual physical sims ...so far.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@LW2 hi no not at this time no talk in the near future either edit if you mean transfering a number from another provider the fact that it would be on an esim shouldnt matter you are only transfering your number you would be using a physical sim here 

Need Help? Let's chat.