cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM will not download

Mike96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t download my eSIM no matter how many times I try. I also get spun in circles on the app and can’t find a way to talk to a person instead of the chat bot which is completely helpless. QR code does not work to download, tried going into settings-cellular but there is nothing to work with there. Extremely frustrated.

7 REPLIES 7

Wdee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to accounts page and see if you already have an ESIM in your profile. You should have a eSIM number. Try re-installing Esim feature. If you get an error code saying “esim is not provisioned” that means your eSIM is already there, just need to toggle it on the: settings=>cellular=>esim. 

FelipeRaven

Well, my friend, I am canceling this service before this ship sinks. I am trying to solve this, but it looks like they don't have a solution for what they are selling yet. It initially looked good, but I could not set up my phone here. Definitely, I am keeping my older provide. Best of luck for you.

Mike96

Pretty well in the same boat, I did get a QR code but it just doesn’t work. I have no eSIM and my old provider is cancelled so currently left with nothing but some wifi.

FelipeRaven

It's the same thing here. It is not downloading eSIM on my iPhone 15, and I did not receive an email with a QR code. It looks like they are not able to send me a new email with the QR code. Also, I am very worried about this situation because the subscription is paid, but I don't have the eSIM installed, and I'm not sure how long it will take to solve this issue.

Mike96

Thank you for this, exactly what I was hoping for. I contacted them as I tried the previous suggestion already with no luck.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mike96 

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

And if the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mike96  If chat bot not working for you , try this direct link to Support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.