cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double charge on my credit card

Panda21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a SIM card online and paid for a phone plan for a young teenager who can not afford to pay by himself and the SIM cost $5.65 but when I received my credit card bill there was another $5.60 charged to my credit card. 

The e-bill I received right after I ordered the SIM card showed it cost $5.65 for the SIM card (there was a promotion for $5 for a SIM card so plus taxes it was $5.65).  Today I received my credit card bill and it showed an amount of $5.60 was charged on May 6th by Public Mobile Toronto and another $5.60 was charged on May 8th by Public Mobile Vancouver so I wonder what was this $5.60 for?  Please help me solve this mystery charge.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Panda21

hello there, I thought my issue with the double charged of $5.65 for a SIM card I ordered last month was solved after about 5 different CS Agent contacted me by text weeks ago  but today I received my new credit card statement and I saw the same $5.65 was charged again this month by Public Mobile and I wonder if it was meant to be a refund by the Public Mobile CS Agent made a mistake to charge it instead? 

I know the amount is very small but it's annoying as I felt like it wasted so much of my time to have this double charges corrected which I thought was corrected after the last CS Agent I chatted told me he would take care of it and reverse the mistake but now this same amount of $5.65 appears on my new credit card statement again. 

Is there a phone # or person that I can talk to directly to get this issue solved?  Thank you.

Panda21

Thank you so much for your reply. Both charges have posted to my credit card statement already.  I will contact a CSA as per your suggestion.  Thank you.

Panda21

Thank you so much for your reply. Both charges have posted to my credit card statement already.  I will contact a CSA as per your suggestion.  Thank you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

wonder if any problem today.  5th or 6th post already 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Panda21 - this is the credit card final statement you are looking at?  Because credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Panda21   I suggest you send a PM to the CS Agent to look into this.  Neither are pending charges right?  They're both posted?

You can reach out the CS Agent here,

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maybe there was a system problem that double charged the SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.