cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont have access to old number, it is canceled and public mobile keeps sending otp there

amritk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile app says " you already have a profile, we will send sms verification" etc, HOWEVER, the number they have is old and i dont have access. cannot get the code to proceed. there is NO OPTION anywhere to get code via email. i have tried resetting password, that works just fine with email code. but then AFTER it asks me again to verify the sms. im so frustrated. cant cancel the account either since its all online and I already paid for a monthly plan with auto payments prior to this happening. only thing is if i cannot get help, i will actually have to cancel my credit card. no other way. please help if you can

5 REPLIES 5

@amritk 

you can also try these workaround belows.  If you can login with the workarounds, first thing you should do is to go to Profile page, then click Manage EverSafe ID and update the phone number

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@amritk 

After you login your email use the forgot password option and choose email. Reset your password. Login with the email and new password. When the code is sent to the old phone number  instead enter in quick succession 4×6 digit random incorrect codes. Confirming each one as you proceed. After the fourth random code is entered it should give you the email option.

If you have tried several times already you may want to wait out one hour before trying again so that you don't get locked out prematurely.

amritk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried that just now, i log in and then it says " 

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access. A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to phone number. We will need you to confirm this number.

there is no option anywhere for sending it to an email. Im basically at a point where i cannot get access. reaching out to an agent also requires logging in first. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@amritk So, the number 2FA tried to send to is not your current working number?

no worries, just open ticket with PM support and they can help:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you sign on the public mobile through a desktop computer. It will give you an option to send a code to your email. Once you’ve logged in you can go to overview then my profile and manage Eversafe ID. Their you can change the phone number to your current one. 

Need Help? Let's chat.