cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Robert231
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i would like to know why my data is being used up when on wifi and in the middle of the night when I am sleeping?

9 REPLIES 9

@Meow- I scheduled DND times. I don't wish to be awakened by the door intercom. If data is off and wifi assist (or whatever name is used) is off then no data should be used at all.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Robert231   PM does not log the data usage live as it is consumed.  PM only put 2 entries a day for data.  So, what you see is the usage for the past 12 hours

Meow
Mayor / Maire

HOW much data is used during the night?

If it is small amount, PM might use it for internal purpose but it will be returned back.

Good practice is to turn phone off during night unless you are on on-call.

GiraffeHat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A bit off topic, but a lot of phones have pretty respectible data saving options. If you're at all worried about data usage, (on android) I can longpress my "Internet" button on the pulldown menu and press the gear next to public mobile and look at a breakdown of which apps are using how much data, and also set a data warning and data limit to make sure I don't accidentally go over.

I know I'm not answering your question exactly, but by looking at your data usage by app regularly, you might be able to puzzle out which app's data access you should restrict more. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Robert231 

here's the aforementioned spinner...

refresh.jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What led you to investigate? Just curiosity looking at your usage details? The number that matters is the front page usage summary. For your peace of mind, before you go to bed, log in and click the spinner refresh icon lower down and make note of the data usage. Then in the morning check it after clicking that icon again. Is there very much if at all data usage.

Robert231
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Robert231 - date usage gets logged in our usage details area twice a day. So, it won't show the times exactly when data was used in your My Account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Robert231  no, the data showing with that timestamp does not mean you used the data at that time

PM only update data usage twice a day.  So, the entry you said just meant  total amount of data you used between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry

So, no worry

Need Help? Let's chat.