cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Beschuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t get the add one I bought to work in the US. I’ve tried the troubleshooting suggestions 

7 REPLIES 7

Meow
Mayor / Maire

According to Public Mobile:

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Roaming is for Data only. Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Beschuk  would be nice if you provide us more details. What you tried so far? and what works and what not (talk? text? data?) or none?

and did you login to My Account and confirm the roaming in your My Account?  Login using Incognito/Private/Secret browser mode and check

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What have you tried so we can stop guessing?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Beschuk 

make sure to manually select T-Mobile as the preferred network whilst in US.

Be aware that many areas have little or no PM add-on service due to recent deactivation of 3G in US.

You may find good talk in one part of a city but not so in a different part.

For extended trip to US, I'd suggest getting a local sim and a cheaap plan.

Alternative is to download free voip app such as TextNow and use free wifi to call/text for free.

edit...sp

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Beschuk   which state and city you are in?

Which roaming addon you got? Talk and Text ? or Talk/Text/Data ? or data only?

Getting data is relatively easy, just connect to T-Mobile and make sure roaming data is enabled on your device

If it does not connect to T-Mobile, try to connect manually instead of leaving it Automatic

If you got voice roaming, it is slightly more work.  Again, make sure you are connected to T-Mobile.  Once it does, you can try voice calling. If it does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 2G and see if voice work. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Beschuk - is this your first Roaming Addon you are purchasing, or a subsequent one of the same type?

Have you restarted your phone? If you purchased one with a data element, ensure your data is enabled in the settings of your device.

Also, ensure your plan is Active, as any addons only work on Active plans/accounts.

@Beschuk wrote:

I can’t get the add one I bought to work in the US. I’ve tried the troubleshooting suggestions 

There are many places (any any country) that don't have service.  Do you know if T-Mobile cover the area that you're in?

Need Help? Let's chat.