cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage when I am sleeping

Steacy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed on my  " data usage" my phone is using data when I am asleep in the middle of the night and is charging by the bed.  Any emails would come over WIFI when at home. I did not receive any texts in the middle of the night. How does this happen ? 

2 REPLIES 2

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I did check my account and I have no such phantom usage.

But then I do NOT keep phone on during night! If you charge your phone during night you are killing your battery, for starters. Unless you are on night support (IT, medical, etc.) I see NO point of having phone on during night. Turning it off and in the morning on does clean up of garbage accumulated during previous day (hard reboot).

And if you keep data On some apps would prefer that way accessing Internet instead of WiFi.

PM used to use few kB during night for whatever reasons but since a while ago that data usage is not showing up on usage report. And these kB were 'returned' to customer on a next day...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Steacy 

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day.  So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  So, your the usage showing when you were sleeping  does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

Need Help? Let's chat.