cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data add-on

inga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

tha data from my plan is extended, which is why I just purchased a data add-on (1GB). However, I can still not connect to the internet.

Do I somehow have to activate the add-on or anything?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping wrote:

@inga wrote:

Hey,

tha data from my plan is extended, which is why I just purchased a data add-on (1GB). However, I can still not connect to the internet.

Thanks.

Is the 1GB data add-on shown on your overview page?

If yes, you have added the add-on.

1.  Enable your data on your phone

2.  Re-start your phone. Is the data working now?

If no, check the APN setting using this as a guide.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If no, if you have $30 available fund in your account, you did only the step one.  You need to buy the add-on.

This is a good explanation. I'd strongly recommend looking closely at your (OP's) self serve account and make sure these steps are followed carefully. They've tripped me up a few times, but after awhile you get the hang of it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@inga wrote:

Hey,

Thanks.

Is the 1GB data add-on shown on your overview page?

If yes, you have added the add-on.

1.  Enable your data on your phone

2.  Re-start your phone. Is the data working now?

If no, check the APN setting using this as a guide.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If no, if you have $30 available fund in your account, you did only the step one.  You need to buy the add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races.

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you verify that the data is shown under “Data & Add Ons” in self serve? It’s possible it wasn’t added correctly. 

Was your data working fine up until this point? There was some issues a short while ago stopping some customer’s data from renewing properly. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@inga wrote:

Hey,

Thanks.

@inga  As long as the add-on is showing up when you login into your account you should be able to use it.

Please note that purchasing add-on is a two step process. First you need to fund you account and then you need to purchase the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.