cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card charge $1.13 more per month. Why?

Chynes827
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a $35 plan.  My account (with rewards) shows I owe $35.03 per month.  However, my credit card is charged $36.16 each month.  That's a difference of $1.13 each month.  Why?

20 REPLIES 20

@softech wrote:

@Chynes827 wrote:

this is what my account shows.     

My Upcoming Bill

Selected Plan
$35 for 3 GB at 3G Speed$35.00
Rewards
Loyalty- $2.00
Pre-Authorized Payments- $2.00
Community- $0.00
Refer-a-Friend- $0.00
Available Funds- $0.00
SUBTOTAL$31.00
HST (13% ON)$4.03
Amount Due
Jan 01, 2023       $35.03

@Chynes827   did you login to My Rewards site https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards ?

Under friend referral, do you see no number there at all or you see one?

@softech 

10 numbers showing and $7 showing...keep in mind that you then have 3 customers in "suspend" and you will not gain the $1-$3 until they are removed. 

@Chynes827 wrote:

i know there are no dropped referrals.  The accounts I have are me, my wife, daughter and son.  Each was setup by me and using the same credit card for payment.  My daughters is the only one with NO issue.  

You are on $35 plan, and you referral your wife, son and daughter then 35$ down to $32 plus 13% tax so your credit card charge will be $36.16.  

Thanks @darlicious  I got confused with another post earlier about a missing friend.. thanks, at least you are still here my Friend ☺️

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

it doesn't look like you've used your referral code when signing them up because you should have $3 where it says "refer a friend". 

for your history, it's possible you were charged the extra $1 because your account didn't have the $2/2 year loyalty rewards yet. you were still at $1/1 year point. only, recently, you became priced at $35.03. either way this is a confusing question to answer without the proper info on the account. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

OMG....why is everyone obsessing about referral rewards? Its the loyalty reward?!! 🫣

@Chynes827 wrote:

My Upcoming Bill

Selected Plan
Rewards
Loyalty- $2.00
Community- $0.00
Refer-a-Friend- $0.00
Available Funds- $0.00
SUBTOTAL$31.00
HST (13% ON)$4.03
Amount Due

@Chynes827   did you login to My Rewards site https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards ?

Under friend referral, do you see no number there at all or you see one?

@Chynes827 wrote:

My Upcoming Bill

Selected Plan
Rewards
Loyalty- $2.00
Community- $0.00
Refer-a-Friend- $0.00
Available Funds- $0.00
SUBTOTAL$31.00
HST (13% ON)$4.03
Amount Due

Upcoming......does only reflect what your "possible" but not guaranteed next payment with be. Could be same, higher or lower.  

Look at your past  transactions. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

If you look at your transaction history for your renewal on December 2nd your loyalty reward will be only $1. But as soon as you renewed it changed to $2. Happy second anniversary!

Edit:

As an anniversary present consider scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $35/4.5gb plan or go nuts and see if you can still add the promocode 20OFFMONTHLY to the 4G $55/20gb plan when you schedule a change on next renewal and enjoy 20gb of 4G LTE data for $35/30 days for the next 15 months.....just put a reminder in your calendar for spring 2024 to revisit the plan offerings for when your promo expires and see what else pm offering? The whole family should take a gander.....at both the plans page on the website and in your self serve account.

Edit:

Or just save $5 by scheduling a plan change to the new $30/3gb plan?😀

See below...

Screenshot_20221123_121022_Chrome~2.jpg

Chynes827

My Upcoming Bill

Selected Plan
Rewards
Loyalty- $2.00
Community- $0.00
Refer-a-Friend- $0.00
Available Funds- $0.00
SUBTOTAL$31.00
HST (13% ON)$4.03
Amount Due

@Chynes827 

you can check your referrals list if you login to my rewards, scroll down to 'refer a friend' and click on 'show details'. make sure all 3 numbers are there. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

Take a look at your transactions for the last 3 month in My Account. Download them, and then compare. They download as a PDF file. Let us know what you see. You will have to add the tax with a calculator, though. But you should see the difference in the pre taxed PDF file records. 

Thanks. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

When was your renewal? Did each member of the family refer the next? Going by your community account creation date you just past your second full year with pm so your loyalty reward just increased from $1 to $2. I'm assuming you now have...

• $2 autopay
  • $2 loyalty (2×$1=$2)
  • $4 (total) Assuming you were the first to activate without referral code.
  • $35 - $4=$31+tax (13%)=$35.03

Once you hit day 360, 720, 1080, 1440 and 1800 your loyalty reward increases by $1 but it doesn't get applied until your following renewal on day 750 in your case. The rest if your family is in the same boat except your daughter who is either just before day 720 or after day 750? 

Chynes827

i know there are no dropped referrals.  The accounts I have are me, my wife, daughter and son.  Each was setup by me and using the same credit card for payment.  My daughters is the only one with NO issue.  

@Quigley wrote:

@Chynes827 

You probably lost a referral.

$1 plus tax.

I do not think this is the case.

My Account will show exact amount including tax how much customer has to pay

Meow_0-1671210192825.png

@Chynes827  has to pay $31 (rewards credit applied on $35 plan) + 13% = $35.03 as his account shows.

Why extra $1? No idea unless referral dropped so his bill is now $32+tax = $36.16.

You better check if some referrals are not suspended OR were briefly suspended due to no pay.

@Chynes827 

You should probably contact a Customer Support Agent and have them look at your account payments.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get the service ticket started first.  Use the link at the bottom of this page.

@Chynes827 wrote:

all people i referred are family members.  I know they didn't leave

@Chynes827   could be one of the account was suspended due to non-payment ?  Maybe Autopay failed?

are you on the old rewards system ?  if so, login to My Rewards and confirm the list of phone number

Of course, if you want Pm support to look into it further, then just open a ticket via Chatbot for PM Support :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Chynes827

but my daughter has an account as well and her payment online matches the credit card payment

Chynes827

all people i referred are family members.  I know they didn't leave

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Maybe one of your referrals dropped off or get suspended so your bill get increased by $1 (+tax)?

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Chynes827 

You probably lost a referral.

$1 plus tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.