cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conditional forwarding not working

MaggieSh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Conditional forwarding stopped working January'23, but as I didn't have mobile service I couldn't reactivate it.  I just tried to activate it again but the unconditional options do not work.  . Message: Call forwarding connection problem or invalid MMI code.(0)

Can someone help me, please?

Maggie

7 REPLIES 7

oldandgrumpy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have it working on my Pixel 7 (VoLTE on PM).

Steps:

1. Change preferred network type from LTE/5G to 3G
  2. Use the MMI codes as shown in "How to Set Up Call Forwarding" .  I used *004*
  3. Test call forwarding
  4. Change preferred network type back to LTE or 5G
  5. Test call forwarding

I successfully enabled it in the fall and it worked flawlessly until a few days ago.  Went through the steps again, and it works properly as before.  

HTH

GeraldVMS

Just dealt with this - Was using YouMail till it broke in the spring.  Never bothered to start looking into it till the past month or so.  I kept getting the mmi error with my 4g plan.  Sunday I renewed onto a 5g plan and it works now.
I tried going through the customer agent - with the generic responses that I had already found in the forums and help pages.  Tried to change phone to 3g, 2g, 4g, volte, etc.

If anybody else can confirm that they are on a 4g plan vs a 5g plan and if it works when switching to a 5g plan.  Am using a Ulefone as well - not generally a 'supported' device.

MaggieSh

Thanks for trying, but I use an android phone.

I found this on Apple website, if you have a iPhone with iOS 17

If conditional call forwarding isn't working as expected

If conditional call forwarding that you set up with your carrier isn't working as expected or you don't see the option to decline an incoming call, turn off Live Voicemail to continue using conditional call forwarding:

1. Open the Settings app, then tap Phone.

2. Tap Live Voicemail.

3. Turn Live Voicemail off.

Published Date: November 30, 2023

MaggieSh

Thank you, but it doesn't work in either case.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It might work if your have VoLTE activated otherwise it does not work.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MaggieSh  Yes it been broken around here for sometime now it seems .

Need Help? Let's chat.