cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charging me without consent since new UI and i have never set up auto payments

Cassidy2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since this new web page has took over I have auto payments coming out of my account and I have never once set them up this should be absolutely illegal and if they changed something i should have been notified. I have been using this for 5 years this should not be allowed I may end up canceling this phone because of this $40 overcharged. Pretty bad when you can be charged but can't talk to a representative.

4 REPLIES 4

Cassidy2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, i just did this as i have been trying for hours to figure out how to contact someone representing this company and even tried to block Public Mobile from charging my card that i use to buy the vouchers every month 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cassidy2006 

out of curiosity, if you weren’t using auto pay, how were you paying otherwise?

If you had routinely loaded payment vouchers on your account, or made other routine payments, there would’ve been no need for auto pay to kick in and take any funds.

Was there a reason you didn’t want auto pay to kick in and supplement the plan balance to renew the plan?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cassidy2006 so, you were using PM before the My Account upgrade?

I am not sure if it is entirely true, but I think I saw couple posts saying the Autopay was somehow triggered during the My Account upgrade.  Probably it was a glitch 8fbthat is the case.  Please open ticket with Support if you  have one of those, message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Autopay doesn't just set itself up. Maybe you did it without realizing?

But you have a second issue as well. Can you tell us more about being overcharged? PM is prepaid, so I'm not sure how that happened. What do you normally pay and what did you get charged this time?

Is it possible someone got access to your account?

Edit: typo

Need Help? Let's chat.