cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation mess

LeoSky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to switch from Koodo to PM and ran into the final step 6/6 activation error and couldn't connect to PM network. Contacted CS and they got the sim card activated so I could connect to the PM network, but I'm only able to call, incoming calls don't go through and data doesn't work, and the number port didn't go through. After this CS became useless after a few attempts at fixing this. I then confirmed that the payment went through on my CC but there is no record of it on my account. My account also showed as subscription ended Jan 28-Feb 27 which isn't possible and was requesting payment. I decided to try and pay again, now for some reason my temporary phone was an AB number even though I'm in ON and the taxes for the plans were AB taxes. I decided to pay and see if I could port/change my number and my number is now ineligible to port. I still got charged the 2nd time and there is a reciept for this payment. I have no idea what to do next and I'm considering charging back both payments and going back to Koodo. I would appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2

LeoSky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help, I called the number and they suggested I try porting again using my Koodo account number and it worked.

Here's an overview of the solution:

I tried porting with IMEI 4 times and then with my Koodo account number 1 time and it didn't work.

On their end it only showed 2 IMEI porting attempts meaning the other attempts didn't go through likely because they were so close together.

The 2nd attempt at porting using my Koodo account number was succesful likely because some time passed after the previous attempts.

The website also switched back to ON taxes and correct the payment amount. Everything is working as it should now with no issues.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LeoSky 

Wow, that is a mess.  You could try the Telus porting number as initially posted, but I have a feeling that your account was not set up properly.  You would need to contact customer service agent again.  Hopefully, you will get a better one that can deal with your situation better. 

Need Help? Let's chat.