cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change to rewards

dabberdave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

help me understand why i should stay with public mobile, after whats been done to rewards my plan is now 7$ more a month. help me understand why keeping 4 phone lines here is better then moving to say Fizz mobile who would allow me to atleast gift data between lines who gives a 25$ bonus for referral's and is boat loads cheaper then public? 

10 REPLIES 10

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabberdave 

If you do not have any referrals, you could port out to a better service and port back in if PM comes up with better plans. The 5% and 10 point anniversary reward is available to both existing or new customers. The only difference is that you will lose any referrals you have accumulated. That is probably the only thing that is holding many people back from switching.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ctrl_alt_del, I was very close to signing up with Freedom Mobile before knowing Public Mobile existed and after a lot of research and listening to a few colleagues experiences on the Freedom network (lots of areas with no service coverage) I felt more comfortable going to Public Mobile being on the Telus network since it is one of the big 3 in Canada. I'm really happy with the $34 50 GB Canada/US plan after having been with Zoomer wireless for over 6 years and paying $36 for only 4 GB and no roaming. If PM could get the dropped calls issue sorted out I would be their biggest fan! I looked a bit into Fizz and the unused data can only be carried over for one month and their prices look to be slightly higher when comparing to PM.

ctrl_alt_del

I'm contemplating switching as well. Only concern for me is the coverage in Ontario with Fizz using the same network as Freedom.

@dabberdave wrote:

yea thats not the case, im on the 34$ 50 gig. when they take referals and our yearly from us there is zero reason to stay here. its no longer the low cost saving it use to be. im plan comes to 39 now vs 28 before. 

@dabberdave , I am not sure I totally agree with the math.  Obviously if you pair the new plan prices with the legacy rewards, you get an extremely favorable outcome.  Recognize that plans like $34/50GB CAN-US was a pipe dream 18 months ago.  Competition lowered the plan prices, Public Mobile followed the market.  This made the legacy reward system no longer sustainable.  Overall, I much prefer losing the legacy reward for better plans.  Not only did the pricing come down $7 or more, the size of the data bucket grew 10x and we have US roaming for next to nothing.  I am satisfied with the net cost vs plan features.  These days, my venom is reserved for the dropped call issue that seems to never go away.  

@dabberdave  You still get 1 point ($1) per referral, that didn't change.  You also get 5% in points on your payments as well as the 10 points annually.  So on $34 plan you get $1.70 in points a month, for four referrals you get $4 in points a month, and for the 10 points a year you get $0.83 a month.  So that's $6.53 if I calculated right.  But if you're in a Fizz coverage area and don't spend much time outside of it then that's up to you to do what works best.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabberdave  I think you got it figured out FIZZ is wise choice , wish it were in my area . And the end of the day loyalty doesn't matter anymore so take the best plan available from who ever is offering it is my plan forward .

@dabberdave 

Loss of autopay and loyalty monthly rewards definitely increased the price of all legacy PM customers unfortunately. 

Customers will still get friend reward points every payment cycle.  However, need to accumulate 15 points before customers can convert to $15 credit.  5% back in points for plan payments is similar to $2/month autopay.  Once a year loyalty rewards of  10 points on anniversary date is definitely not as good as the up to $5/month old loyalty rewards

$34 plan for 50 GB US/Canada plan is still fairly competitive in the market place.

Need to do your own research and find the plan and mobile company that meets your needs.   

dabberdave

how Public mobile didnt think about what the people would do that have been here 5+ years after loosing that 5$ offis mind blowing to me. fizz mobile roll over data and giftable data vs bs reward replacement......

dabberdave

yea thats not the case, im on the 34$ 50 gig. when they take referals and our yearly from us there is zero reason to stay here. its no longer the low cost saving it use to be. im plan comes to 39 now vs 28 before. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Depending on the plan that you're on there may something cheaper available to you.  For example if you are on the $25 1GB plan there is now a $19 1GB plan with faster 4G speed.

Need Help? Let's chat.