cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding mom phone number

Jobolido
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my dad tried to set up my mom's phone number and tried to port her old number to the new one but since this one was her work number and was still in active and her work would not let her have this number, it wasn't possible to change her number.

Sadly dad passed away, and I didn't know that this happened. She is being charged and I can log in to her my account but I can't find her number. Nor does it say what plan she is subscribed to. When I put on the sim card into the phone. It says public mobile but it says temporarily unavailable.

We want to cancel this plan because mom wants to have an esim, that way she can still use her old work number as well as her new number

10 REPLIES 10

Moosetwo

Unfortunately if a phone number goes “inactive” by a customer/company the number goes into a “recycling” bin for a while until thrown back into the pool of available numbers. 

This same thing happened with me and my loved one that passed trying to get access to old voicemails. 
sorry for your losses. 

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the phone works at all, could you phone someone (yourself), and ask what # shows on caller ID?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Keep in mind if contacting PM,  full identification of the account holder will need to be proven.

As someone said earlier, the transfer most like failed. After certain time of non payment, the account will close. 

In the phone settings it should show the phone number.  

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jobolido

If it's never really been used and the port failed because her work # was denied then after 30 days Public Mobile would have assigned a new number. Try resetting the network settings. If this doesn't change the "unavailable" status of the phone the Sim card may need to be reprovisioned to the account by customer support.

Send a detailed message including the troubleshooting you have performed  and ask the agent to reprovision the Sim card and reset the account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jobolido

I don't if it always showed it. Mom just used her old work number and left this alone. She thought it doesn't charge her since she doesn't use it. Same thing happens when I try to put sim card in my phone.

slusagm

@Jobolido 

it is GOOD you can login

Try using a different brower and try with Incognito mode.  Also, try using the Public Mobile app.  One of those should get you in to the account

When you are in the acconnt, go to Profile and you can see the phone number there

if your mom wants esim, you will need to download and install the PM app on your mom's phone.  Then login and go to Account page and buy sim card there, choose esim

Jobolido

No I can't text. It says waiting to connect when I try texting. Mobile network unavailable when I try calling. I can log in to her account but when I go to subscriptions or or on any of the other drop down options, its just stuck on loading

RavingRaven

@Jobolido 

Has the Sim card always shown Public Mobile "temporarily unavailable" or just now? Try powering off the phone and put the PM Sim card in your phone. Reboot and check if it says the same in your phone. Check under "About Phone">>Sim card status>> Does it show the phone # ? Provider? Network ?

Power off your phone and swap out your mom's  Sim card and reboot both phones. Has this solved the "unavailable" issue? You may need to do a netñthe change phone # feature. The phone number will be listed at the bottom under the search phone #'s box.

Purchase an e-sim while logged in on the pm app. Once you install the e-sim it will render the physical SIM card inactive and will no longer work. Make sure your mom' s phone is e-sim compatible.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Jobolido  are you saying that this phone number doesn't show up? Can you text yourself with it? Call? 

Of you can log in, it should show you the current plan right on the home screen. To cancel a plan, you would click on Subscribed and turn it off.  That would cancel the autopay. 

Once logged in, click on manage profile Eversafe ID.  Phone number, account,  and sim info all there. Press the cursor beside each to open for full view.

slusagm

sorry for your lost.  My condolence

so, your problem is basically to login PM first, then you can manage the rest.  Talk to PM first.  Open ticket using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right

Need Help? Let's chat.