cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cellular data not connecting to internet

StephenTran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I travelled Japan where I got a Japanese Sim Card setup and working. After returned to Canada, inserting Public Mobile Sim card to my iphone 8 and configure cellular data: network selection: Public Mobile; cellular data network: tried both sp.mb.com and isp.mb.com both user/password were set to blank. Reset setting, power off iphone. Power up iphone, PW signal detected as LTE/3G, phone and iMessage are working fine. However, no internet was detected, ie whatsapps, Brouwer, email etc won’t work.  Do any APN or MMS settings required?  How to get internet connected again?

3 REPLIES 3

StephenTran

Thanks. After removing Japanese VPN profile, the PM internet connection was back to normal.

Sashî

Hmm, I checked my phone settings.

Mine uses isp.mb.com.

Is your cellular data turned on and do you have the correct sim selected in cellular data settings?

sometimes it does not auto change.

if you have the correct settings then you can try resetting the network settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@StephenTran 

likely there was a VPN profile setup when you were using the another cellular service (this is especially common with Japanese carriers)

please check your VPN screen and delete all those VPN profiles. Then click Reset All Networks as well

Delete VPN

• At Home screen, tap Settings.
  • And then General.
  • Tap VPN.
  • You'll find VPN name > tap i sign behind preferred VPN (if there's no VPN name, skip to no. ...
  • Tap Delete VPN
Need Help? Let's chat.