cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

Boddu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have three public mobile phones at our home, and our home is located in N1T xxx location. We hardly get half a bar signal, if get lucky one bar. Some times no signal at all. Is there anything you can do? Otherwise, this connection is useless for us. Please help. 

12 REPLIES 12

Boddu

Public Mobile website really sucks, I do not find where to find my open tickets, and where to click to logout. Can some one help me please?

HI  @Boddu 

Submit ticket to agent , maybe there is ongoing upgrade/maintenance work going on and they have an ETA when this will be fixed

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Boddu

I just tried your instructions on my Moto G, as you said I didn't find VoLTE setting, I think it is hidden. It is on LTE now, but still signal is same as 20%. This low signal is happening all day for many months

@Boddu 

The Shaw/Rogers/Vidéotron merge are on different cell towers. 
Telus and Bell are on different cell towers so it is unlikely have anything to do with switching the cell signals.

There was reports of Telus outages in Ontario and BC that may or may not have anything to do with the signal.

@Boddu 

Your Moto G Stylus 5G is VoLTE compatible according to :

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

See if the toggle is there, if so , turn it on (even it is not there, it could be already turned on but just hidden)

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

And test it, 

1. Make sure your phone's Preferred network is set to Automatic, or an option with LTE or 4G
  2. Turn off Wifi first
  3. Check if your phone it shows connected to LTE or 4G
  4. make a call, check the phone status again, you should see it stay on the same network, LTE or 4G and not change to 3G

Boddu

All my phones experiencing this low signal for a long time, may be over the year or so. 

Boddu

Sorry, I confused Telus with Freedom I guess. My phones are OnePlus 6, Moto G Stylus 5G, and Pixel 2XL. My home is almost in the middle of those bottom three towers in the picture you have provided. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Boddu  are you living close to any of these towers?

hTideGnow_0-1688051681627.png

@Boddu   PM is with Telus and nothing to do with Freedom.  And PM has been for Telus for long time, it is now using Telus and Bell towers

do you have any friends on Telus/Bell/Koodo/Virgin/Lucky?  How are their receptions and voice quality?  

Curious, what kind of phone do you have? brand and exact model? for the newer phone, it can use VoLTE and voice should be improved a lot with that.  But it depends the model of your phone as currently, only selected phones are VoLTE compatible

Boddu

The signal improved a little bit(almost 25-30 percent) when turning into 3G. I think this problem started when the merge happened with Freedom Mobile. I didn't care about this for a long time because I do not use my phone much at home. But when I can anyone many people say they can't hear me properly or very low voice. Now I am doing my work from home, so the phone is important for me. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Boddu   

is that a usual thing? or just today?

you have problem with voice only? or data as well?

Try to change your Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G only and see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.