cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot use data for Google chrome, youtube, Map, etc.

lbctymouse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I got a weird problem, the data was OK for all the APPs till last week, I did nothing on my phone and my google account, all google APPs cannot use my data, and I still have data in my account, restarted again, nothing changed.

but Texting and phone are OK, and some of the APPs are working. the only thing is that I used up the regular data and started the one time bonus and then my new cycle started, the data automatically changed to the regular data. 

I was wondering have you guys ever experienced the same problem?

Brian 

7 REPLIES 7

lbctymouse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

problem solved. My phone is Asus Zenfone 4 Max, I reset the APN settings, it worked so far. 

Thank you guys anyway...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lbctymouse    It probably isn't the issue for you, but make sure you are signed into your gmail account as one of the household numbers couldn't use Google Maps couple of days ago and after some troubleshooting, finally a message popped up about the Google account needed to be signed into and that fixed the issue.  However, I don't think there was issues with any of the other Google apps though (not 100% sure).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lbctymouse   try to clear cache with your Google Play Service:

Open Settings on your Android phone.

Tap on “Apps” and “Google Play Services” under the “All apps” section.

Select “Storage,” then press the “Clear cache” button followed by the “Clear data” or “Clear storage” button.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Even though data is on.....by any chance do you have any apps switched  off, while data is on?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lbctymouse , are you running some sort of firewall that is selectively blocking data to certain apps?  It is hard to see how data is working selectively otherwise.  Perhaps the phone is infected?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lbctymouse 

No issues with my data and google apps at the present time.

Likely some phone setting issue.  You could try a network reset.  Remove SIM card, re-insert and reboot.  

You could also try your SIM card in another working phone. Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM Service problem. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lbctymouse 

Did you try reboot your phone?  If not, reboot it first

There is a chance your Google service is not updated.   What brand and model is your phone?  What OS version you have?

Make sure you go to your Play store/app store to update all apps.  Also, check if you have any firmware/OS update and update it.

Need Help? Let's chat.