cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser will not load webpages on data service

sillyme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can use the google search on my android phone and look up something and see all the links. However, if I click on a link, which opens the browser, the webpage will not load.

At first this issue only happened with Google Chrome browser. I installed Brave and was able to load webpages using data. However, a week later this option is not working either.

I cannot load ANY webpage in a browser while on data service.

I have confirmed that I still have available data, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the browser apps to see if that helped, but it did not. 

What is the issue with public mobile data? Why does data work to search but not to load webpages?

7 REPLIES 7

Serenity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I seriously have to turn on airplane mode, then turn it off again.. to get mobile data working.

sillyme

That sounds potentially right - slow data perhaps. I just installed FireFox (3rd browser) and was able to load a webpage BUT it took literally forever. I just don’t understand why Brave would stop loading pages on data after a week of working super fast… Never had problems with PM before, but this is truly inhibitive…

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Makes me wonder if the cell tower that your phone is connected to is very slow sending data. But why google searches work but not web data for a browser? I can only guess that you're using the google app or the google pages are cached so it requires minimal data to perform the search? 

@sillyme the webpages for Public are bad at the best of times if you have access to a computor you may have a better chance at opening your self serve account 

@sillyme wrote:

This is a Public Mobile issue - not phone. I have cleared the cache for both browser apps and that does nothing.

Like I said - it was working just fine and all of a sudden is not. I have restarted my phone, I have all the settings doing the right stuff, but public mobile data will not load webpages.

If it is a mobile data problem, then are apps that need data also affected?  The fact that you can bring up a webpage even with broken links suggests that mobile data is working.  

sillyme

This is a Public Mobile issue - not phone. I have cleared the cache for both browser apps and that does nothing.

Like I said - it was working just fine and all of a sudden is not. I have restarted my phone, I have all the settings doing the right stuff, but public mobile data will not load webpages.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This does not sound like an issue with Public Mobile service.  It is something to do with the phone software.  Try clearing the browser cache and see if that helps.  

Need Help? Let's chat.