cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Data coverage inconsistent on T-Mobile yet full radio service strength

mxz905
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm traveling in San Francisco and am seeing very inconsistent data availability.  Yet I have full service strength indicated on my phone.  I am on an International 4G 50gig plan using an iphone 6.  I have data roaming enabled on the phone.  I can consistently recieve and make phone calls and txt but emails and any activity on my browser rarely work.  sporatically throughout the day I will receive the odd email  and it is not until I am connected to a wifi network do I get all emails and can use the browser.

8 REPLIES 8

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I'm surprised phone calls work, as that's not a VoLTE device. I wonder if you're picking up a T-Mobile 2G connection when making phone calls. 

As for data, try AT&T as suggested. You need to change your network selection from Automatic to Manual and wait for it to list the options. Also have you checked your APN settings?

hi @mxz905 test your sim card on his phone if possible 

and maybe it get better connection when you are in different area?

@mxz905  

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mxz905

it is an iPhone 6.  I have tried restarting multiple times with little to no success.  If I make a change for example shut off wifi or complete restart sometimes it will trigger Data to work but so far it works for no more than about 15min.  It is an old phone and my peers in the office on T-Mobile plans don't seem to be having issues so unless there is something strange happening on roaming only I am starting to believe this may be phone issue.

It’s iPhone 6 

hi @mxz905 it could be a phone compatibility issue

what phone is that? try reboot it again and see if it any better 

mxz905

I have manually set the device to 4G but I am unable to change the carrier.  I only have T-mobile as an option

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @mxz905 

try manually connect to At&T and Verizon and check if any better 

make sure network mode is set as 4g or LTE 

Need Help? Let's chat.