cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the mobile app manage more than one account (phone line)

ADR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I try to use the Public Mobile App to manage my sons accounts as each of them has a mobile phone with Public Mobile.  As I have to pay their plans so I would like to know if this manageable?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

@softech wrote:

@ADR 

technically yes

But it is better to remember to logoff and even go to clear app cache (or even the browser cache of the default browser on the phone)  before you login another member

But you don't also need the app.  You can do as much using mobile browser.  And when you manage more than one account, best to use Incognito mode to avoid cache problem (you might be seeing other account's info due to local cache data)

When it come to the app, it's not just only a suggestion that a customer needs to either clear the app cache or do a force stop after logging out, but it's rather a requirement.  Otherwise, the app will show details of someone else who had previously logged in (even after logging out).  This is a serious security flaw and I don't beleive that Public Mobile ever addressed this. Just imagine logging into your account on a brorrowed device (example: a tablet loaned out from a Public Mobile library) and your information being exposed to the next person who logs in.  In my opinion, the app should have been disabled unless/until this security vulnernability is/has been fixed.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Yes but it's buggy. I tried a few times to get I to my wife's account on my app, but even though I had logged out of my account and into hers, it still kept showing me my info. The only way around it was to force stop the app in my device settings, clear the cache, and clear all app data. Not ideal. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ADR 

technically yes

But it is better to remember to logoff and even go to clear app cache (or even the browser cache of the default browser on the phone)  before you login another member

But you don't also need the app.  You can do as much using mobile browser.  And when you manage more than one account, best to use Incognito mode to avoid cache problem (you might be seeing other account's info due to local cache data)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ADR  It can but .it’s easier to have the app on each phone you manage or website . For saving password and email and cache issues 

Need Help? Let's chat.