cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send or receive data or voice

sportsman1946
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

new to this.  Account was set up and looks good but phone does not work for voice or data  It doesn't have a phone number showing on the screen as attached to the phone. 

11 REPLIES 11

sportsman1946

Have done that.  Will wait for reply.  Thanks so much to all of you for the help so far.

sportsman1946

I have sent a message to the CS_Agent, so will see tomorrow what happens.  Thanks so far for the help and it is appreciated.

@sportsman1946 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for a response back from a CSA in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@sportsman1946 wrote:

I am no sure what you mean by cs-Agent

It's not CS-Agent. It's CS_Agent. It's the username that customer support agents use. They are the customer service department.

sportsman1946

I am no sure what you mean by cs-Agent

@sportsman1946 

It sounds like it could be a provisional/backend issue with your SIM so contact a CS_Agent and they will fix for you.

sportsman1946

The old account was Telus.  I put the old sim card in the phone and my phone number shows up and I can callout to my voice mail.  I can't get into my telus account as it has been closed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sportsman1946 

If you ported your old number over to PM, did you reply to the text with YES within the 90 minutes window with the old SIM in your phone?

Also your old account must be active to port over.

If you missed the text or replied out of the timeframe. You need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you again.

Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot below or private message them on envelope icon above.

Staff hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST so they are off now but contact them now and they will private message you back.

@sportsman1946 

following the steps to port in are very important for successful activation. Who was previous cell provider ?

Your old account must stay active until ported into PM. Leave your old sim in the phone so you can respond to port request response.

clipped from Help files..

Transferring an Existing Phone Number

Transfering or porting your phone number from another provider, allows you to keep your existing number. Before you do, here are some things you should know:

• Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number
  • You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
  • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
  • Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer Landline Phone Number Transfer

Old service provider brandFirst and last name of account holder
IMEI Number OR Previous Provider Account NumberComplete billing address
Alternate Contact Phone NumberAlternate Contact Phone Number
  • For additional security, your previous service provider may send a text or email to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
    • Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
    • Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other members on the old account, as well as any junk or spam folders.
  • The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
  • If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.

sportsman1946

yes as far as I know I did.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sportsman1946 

did you port your old number in during the Activation process ?

Need Help? Let's chat.