cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not get Unlimited US Talk and Text Bundle to work in the US.

babyboss-6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We used 10 points on Nov. 11 to get Unlimited US Talk and Text Bundle for US. trip today . But it is'nt working  my Husband call phone home but can't text etc to any one in the US.  Not sure if my husband missed a message when he crossed the border from Public Mobile or if the Bundle doesn't work because I did'nt buy any extra Data . We are not very Tech Smart folks. Can someone help with this . Thank you 

9 REPLIES 9

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@babyboss-6   Another thing he could do if you think he may not be sending actual SMS messages is for him to try sending a text message when he's on wifi, if he has access.  If it works on wifi then you know he is using an app that needs data and he'd need to do what @DennyCrane said and make sure send as SMS is enabled. Or, in iMessage, if the texts don't appear to be sending then he can long press on the text he just wrote and select send as SMS.  

@Chalupa_Batman If phone calls are working, that isn't the issue.

@babyboss-6 I'm not aware of any link that gets sent when you purchase an add-on. That said, I've never used points to purchase an add-on, so maybe that is different. I'd be surprised though. It should be automatic.

If he can make phone calls from the US to Canada from your phone, then you know the add-on is working. Text messages should as well. Is it possible that the iMessages are set to not fallback to SMS when no data is available? To check he can go into Settings > Messages and make sure to enable 'Send as SMS'.

babyboss-6

Hi Chalupa  Thanks 😀

I gave you the answer already to fix the problem. You just need to click on either the Android link or iPhone link. Pretty easy to follow. I was just in the US on Friday. This is what I did to set Public Mobile while there. 

babyboss-6

Thanks Phil  I'll check with him .😀

babyboss-6

Hi DennyCrane   My husband is using my iphone and I used my points for it . but like I said were now very tech smart so I wonder if  P\Mobile sent my iphone a link and he would not know what to do. I thought last time we had add on in the US that it just changed over automatically.  He can phone me at home in BC from US.  I thought with my plan from P\M with 4g , Data etc. that I could just buy this Add-ons Bundle and it would work without buying more data as my husband was only going to be in the US for 3 days. Is there some other thing that he missed as a message from P\M ? Thanks babyboss-6

Nov 10 2023
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle (15 days)
- 10.00 points           

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@babyboss-6   So you can make phone calls but can't text?  If it's just texts what app are you using?  If it's regular SMS texting that should work, if he's using something else like Messenger, WhatsApp etc. it might need data.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Did you both buy add-on's, or just one of you? And your husband's IS or ISN'T working for phone calls? Your post isn't clear. You don't need data for phone calls and text messages to work.

Are you sure that the add-on was added to the account? Can you find wifi and login to your account to see if it's on your dashboard?

For troubleshooting in the meantime you can try:

1) Ensure your phone is set to Automatic network selection. If it already is and that isn't working, try changing it to Manual and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T 

2) Also within your network settings change your Preferred Network from 5G to 4G/LTE. 5G AT&T doesn't work, so if that's what you're connected to you'll have problems.

What phone do you have? Those settings are typically found under your main settings, and then under SIM card settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.