cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i text to a Vietnam phone number?

toduong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have the $15 plan. i tried to text to a Vietnam number. the status shows it is sent and received. but the recipient do not get the message.

is international texting means all countries or just some selected?

5 REPLIES 5

@Spudster wrote:

@toduong 

You might also want to try to ask a friend or family member (in Canada) to try to send this recipient a text message to see if they get those.

@toduong @Spudster Even better is ask them to text you. Then it's a simple to reply to the SMS.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@toduong 

Make certain you're sending the message as an SMS and not as an iMessage or Chat message.

Sometimes using iMessage (Apple) or Chat (Android) can cause delivery or receipt issues of messages even through they are sent via the device's Messaging app.

You might also want to try to ask a friend or family member (in Canada) to try to send this recipient a text message to see if they get those.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@toduong 

You can send and receive international SMS/MMS texts. But does your recipient have international incoming SMS? MMS? Or both SMS/MMS texts included in their plan? That may be the issue. If they don't you might both need to use Whatsapp or Messenger. Or have them download textnow and pick a canadian number and you can text and call for free on WiFi or use mobile data.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@toduong 

Firstly, enter Canada exit code 011. Secondly, type Vietnam country code which is 84. Finally, dial local number and you will reach to the correct destination. There are more than 60 area codes in Vietnam. Example – 011 84 4 xxxx xxxx

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Yes you can  text to international numbers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.