cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls to US

Hawkeye2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried using that wonderful free gift of 100 international minutes...they are active on my account, but I tried my first call and was told My minutes had expired?? or somthing to that effect... must a 1 be used?  

14 REPLIES 14

It is true that  you can use 011 to call local US/Canada number.  

Yes, it does work.. but why provide a long way if you short way works? (in this case, if 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx does not work , 011-1-xxx-xxxxx will not work too)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@t_p : Interesting reference but I've never heard of using 011 to call in Canada/US. But everything's always worth a try (Edit:...when backed up with a reference. Otherwise it's a rabbit hole.)

@chukdefatey wrote:

@t_p  if you are unsure about something please research before posting as people make decisions based on what you write. You DO NOT dial 011 before a call to a number in North America. Correct way to dial a number in North America while you are located in North America is 1+ Area Code followed by the ten digit number if you are traveling overseas with a North American number then the correct way to dial is +1- followed by area code and the ten digit number

How to Call United States From Canada | Calling United States From Canada (prokerala.com)

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@t_p  if you are unsure about something please research before posting as people make decisions based on what you write. You DO NOT dial 011 before a call to a number in North America. Correct way to dial a number in North America while you are located in North America is 1+ Area Code followed by the ten digit number if you are traveling overseas with a North American number then the correct way to dial is +1- followed by area code and the ten digit number

Hawkeye2

Reboot was all it took... Thank you

@Hawkeye2   Happy that it works

Is rebooting the phone the only thing you did ? 

if so, look like there are at least 3 members suggesting that before the one you picked as solution.  As a fairness, usually people would choose the one suggested the solution first.    you can always click on the 3 dots of the one you picked and reverse the decision and choose another one.

(and to be fair, don't pick mine, I am the 3rd one suggesting, just one post before the one you chose as solution ) 

Hawkeye2

Rebooted phone.... That's all it took.. Easy peasy... Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hawkeye2 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, and make you you have the gift for 500 min

and try to do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Add +1 in front of the any area code,

for Example +13051234567

if you still not work try this

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do again Rebooting your phone ,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Hawkeye2 wrote:

Tried using that wonderful free gift of 100 international minutes...they are active on my account, but I tried my first call and was told My minutes had expired?? or somthing to that effect... must a 1 be used?  

You confirmed on My Account that the International minutes add-ons bonus is added?   There has been delay on the PM side to add the bonus.  Please check if it arrived your account yet

If you see it, reboot your phone once and try it again

@Hawkeye2 

Just to clarify the holiday gift international minutes add on is 500 minutes not 100. This message has been coming up frequently with this add on. Do you get the same message when trying to make a local call?

Nonetheless reboot your phone. Wait 10 minutes then call a number you call often. It should connect then try calling the international phone number.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Hawkeye2 wrote:

@Hawkeye2 

To call a mobile,try: 011 - 1 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hawkeye2 wrote:

@Hawkeye2 

What location are you trying to call?

Calling long distance within Canada and to the USA, you must lead with a '1' in front of the 10-digit number.

If still issues doing this, try rebooting your phone, then try again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you would need to dial 1 + area code + phone#.

Need Help? Let's chat.