cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annoying voicemail

irving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, new here and just set up my voicemail. I notice that a voice lists off the telephone number of each upcoming voicemail before playing the message. Totally annoying. Any idea how to get rid of this?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@irving I think you are stuck with hearing the phone number. Yeah, I'd prefer not to hear it too.

This Telus blog says it is available with Visual Voice Mail service, but Public doesn't have this.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Skip-voicemail-caller-phone-number-and-time/m-p/116617

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@irving wrote:

Hi, new here and just set up my voicemail. I notice that a voice lists off the telephone number of each upcoming voicemail before playing the message. Totally annoying. Any idea how to get rid of this?

My personal solution was to just take advantage of the FREE call forwarding with Public Mobile and setup a YouMail Visual Voicemail-like account, so my messages just come to me via e-mail as a sound file attachment - no need to dial in and listen to them at all anymore!

With that said, if you continue to use the "built in" voicemail service, I just checked with my own public mobile voicemail, and you can modify that setting in the "personal preferences" option:

2 playback preferences:

1 order of messages

2 enable/disable playing of caller id

3 enable/disable playing of date & time

5 enable/disable automatic playback mode

VM Playback Preferences.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@irving    Is there an option to skip (fast forward) the older messages and get to the latest one?  I thought the voicemail allows you to listen the newest message first, but I could be mistaken..

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@irving  I don’t think you can it’s just part  of the automated service as far as I’m aware 

Need Help? Let's chat.