cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice services not working in Alberta/Saskatchewan

ChrisL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure what impact you've all had, or what time it started.  I had functional voice service until about 1:03pm, my call dropped as I was speaking, and since then cannot complete inbound or outbound calls.  No diagnostic messages, merely that the call dials, completes the pickup and then instantly drops the call.

Telus finally has a message posted indicating they have failure of voice services due to a hardware issue. You can subscribe (via SMS or email) to get notifications as they send them out:

TELUS Service Status

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Working for me now in SK as of 4:06PM CST so maybe OK now in Alberta as well (3:06PM MST)

Interestingly throughout the outage this time SMS & Data continued to work, and incoming calls would actually ring until you actually tried to answer - then they would drop.

Also interestingly, I was able to call forward my public mobile line to a landline and was able to successfully receive calls that way.

In previous outages, there has been a *complete* outage, as in the phone wouldn't even register to the network, I recall it maybe even saying something like "No Service" or "Emergency Calls Only".

ChrisL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, interesting to hear.  This is the first outage I've ever experienced.  Have you experienced many before, and if so how long have they lasted?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ChrisL 

Not bad this time.  Usually Telus does not put outage note for wireless unless it is a big thing

(I guess it is a big enough outage today)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisL  

Lots of complaints of from Alberta to B.C. outages in the last hour check

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

Need Help? Let's chat.